Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - EA, Respawn

No, I’m going to stick with it, it looks interesting enough to see through. I like that they’re talking up all the interesting exploration options that will be available, that gets my attention. But if the combat starts to feel like a grind I will likely drop the difficulty.

Shazbot! Shazbot! Shazbot! Shazbot! Shazbot!

admin has muted you for 15 minutes.

Wrong thread?

OOO totally wrong thread lol, sorry!

Is this going to be available on EA’s subscription service?

At the Premiere level, it should be. That’s only on PC.

So $15 for a month to play through the single player? And maybe see what BF and Anthem are like these days. Seems like a nice deal.

I just played Shadow of War via GamePass, which has probably met my need for open level 3rd person melee freebies, but still :)

Anthem is at the $5 tier.

Here’s my gripe. IGN has burned me. EA has burned me. Star Wars has burned me. Respawn is the only thing that hasn’t yet, and I don’t want it to fail. The demo for the game was so boring and I’m really tired of the whole, all the jedi were killed except for all these hidden force kids with lightsabers. Kind of just diminishes Luke’s story. Of course the prequels and sequels have kind of done that too.

There was a demo for this?

There was a 20 minute demo highlighted by all the review sites.

But this is not a demo that we could play, as best I can tell.

Right, but it was 20 mins of gameplay that were very uninspiring. It looked pretty, but it also looked like every other game you have played for the last 5 years. Dont get me wrong, I hope it is awesome as respawn and star wars are two of my favorites. I’m just not on the hype train.

Yeah I get that, it’s just when someone says “demo” I think “playable.”

Hmm available for pre order on steam

Yes. EA is back on Steam. Going forward, buying an EA game on Steam will work the way it did with Ubisoft. It will launch the Origin app and run through there, even though you use Steam.

And here we see the ancient ritual dance, as each combatant presents the full plumage of its lightsaber prior to the fight. Researchers disagree on whether it’s done to intimidate or to impress small children.

Hope the robot is the actual star and ginger is his wisecracking sidekick.

10 hour campaign right?

If we’re lucky. At least there won’t be loot boxes—er, “ethical surprise mechanics”