Star Wars Rebels - Disney's new animated series

I liked it. Familiar sights and sounds and no midichlorians \o/

All caught up and REALLY liking it so far. Has a fun Firefly feel to it, and the voice acting is great.

Its like they read your post and went ‘ok, if that’s what they like, that’s what they’ll have’ and made todays fun little story. I like how small the story was and that while being aimed square at an 8 year olds’ brain, it refrained from being preachy.

So yay disney!

Oh no.

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/01/rumor-the-largest-cameo-in-star-wars-rebels-chistory/

I have heard that in Season 3 of Star Wars Rebels we will be introduced to none other than the original blue guy himself, Grand Admiral Thrawn from Heir to the Empire. From the sound of things, we’re going to see Thrawn as the tactical genius of capital starship warfare he was to Expanded Universe readers in the nineties. However, this time he will be using his evil brand of genius against the the heroes of the starship Ghost.

Please no.

I don’t understand? Thrawn was awesome. I loved having a Rommel type figure in the Empire. Maybe a little over the top, but hey.

So how is this series? is it decent enough to watch?

I only have access to season one, and I don’t like comic shows normally (avengers and so on leave my cold) . This on the other hand, was awesome, and left me wanting more!

Here’s my Star Wars confession: I hated Thrawn. (In fact, I hated just about everything in the Thrawn trilogy.) First, you have to accept that the long-established xenophobia of Emperor Palpatine was set aside to promote this blue-skinned alien to the highest rank in his navy. Then, you have to believe that the Rebellion and then the New Republic somehow never found out about this guy. Keep in mind that Thrawn is so awesome that he is able to win battles by looking at a species’ art to discern hidden psychological clues for how they’ll respond to military strategies. Finally, Thrawn gets assassinated by a bodyguard. Weak.

Add evil clone Luuke, Force-bubble lizards, Mara Jade, evil clone Jedi Joruus, and the Noghri and I just get angry thinking about the dumb series. It doesn’t help that everyone else seemed to love the Thrawn trilogy, so all that stuff infected the EU forever by coming back in later books and comics.

Yeah, I see how that would make you mad. And then I realize… It’s about space wizards and parsecs as a unit of time and lasers that makenoise in space, and more of that crap. So, I am going to stand by my Space Rommel and tell you that I am thrilled and that Thrawn is total awesome.

I think Clone Wars was a little bit better, but both are great.

I don’t have time for TV, but I’ve got the Star Wars bug back in a big way. Stop tempting me!

I agree with legowarrior. Clone Wars seemed (ironically) a little more geared for Original Trilogy fans in how they treated the characters like Yoda, but they’re both fun to watch.

Rebels can be very Disney family cartoon sometimes. But it does also have some really good episodes and overall seems to be improving. That contrast can be entertaining by itself sometimes, like imagine if Grand Moff Tarkin walked into the Pokemon Universe and had to deal with Team Rocket (the incompetent and often played-for-laughs antagonists that are bested by our heroes week after week).

All I’m hearing is that Thrawn is about to be made canon once again. This Rebel stronghold has no hope of escape. Commence the attack.

If I’ve not watched either, and can only watch one, in your opinion should I watch Rebels or The Clone Wars?

Clone wars. It’s close, but its Clone wars.

I’m about halfway through season 1 of Clone Wars, and it has the feel of one of the old serials, in a good way. It also does a far better job, this far, of establishing Anakin as well as seeding his path to the dark side.

I’ve been slowly working through Clone Wars as time allows (am early in season 3 currently), but I would say that if you find season 1 a little childish, at least stick with it until season 2, because it takes a step up in terms of graphics and plot. Haven’t watched Rebels yet, though, so I can’t compare the two.

Oh, hey. Look who’s back.

Yuck.