Star Wars: The Bad Batch - Clones gone wild

Butt-Kicking, for Profit!!! (I assume this is something Hondo would say if he were in some sort of Party-Based RPG!)

No lie. I love Hondo. He needs his own show.

Oh god yes please and thank you.

Ah yes my friends! For you I have a deal. You get these here holovids, I get some profit, we all go home happy. What you say, my young friend, do we have a deal?

Saw this on FB today, thought it was funny.

Splendid.

There is something about the cadence and intonation of his voice that, much like Londo Molari going ‘Mister Garibaldi’, every time I think of them, I instantly hear their voice.

In fact Londo and Hondo are so delightful and memorable to me in part because of that rouguish con artist style they both share. Like you know they are picking your pocket as they talk to you, but you’re still smiling anyhow.

This just brought a smile to my face. Beware of spoilers for Clone Wars and Rebels.

Mine too, thanks for sharing.

That was delightful.

Are there any Hondo/Ashoka interactions in Star Wars Rebels?

About fucking time.

Already happened a while ago, it seems.

Last summer, Lucasfilm quietly promoted the executive producer and frequent writer and director of “The Mandalorian” to executive creative director for the entire studio, a rep confirms with Variety . But the company didn’t update its website with Filoni’s new title until this week, which is when it began to percolate, and then explode, across Reddit and Twitter, as if the promotion had just happened.

Yeah, about that. Omega is the center of the show, and I’m struggling to get any enjoyment of most scenes that involve character. I like the general world building, the Empire tightening its grip on the galaxy, the Kaminians scheming to stay relevant as the Empire plans to phase out the current cloning pipeline, and such.

We’ve had already two episodes that have Omega see something shiny or a cute animal, run away, end up in trouble and require rescue. Occasionally she’ll save the day and surprise the other crew. And that dragon creature that she needed to get the battery back from - it’s not that evil at all and could be simply tricked. I’m getting flashbacks to Anakin in Phantom Menace, and it feels this part of Bad Batch is done with a younger audience in mind. And then you have the parts in which soldiers execute some civilians, Crosshair kills one his lackeys, or Fennec Shand nonchalantly throwing someone to his death to hijack his vehicle. It’s two different tones, and to me they don’t work overly well together.

I was pretty shocked when the bounty hunter lady straight up murdered those two cops too. Usually there’s some distance between the two tones of the show, but in this case, it was right in the middle of interacting with Omega.

Okay, so I found the 2nd and 3rd episode kind of slow, but these last two really caught my interest. I’ll be curious how, if any of this, will tie into Star Wars Rebels, which is the only other series that is set between the 1st and 2nd trilogy.

It’s tied into Mandalorian already. No reason it couldn’t cross with Rebels.

A connection from the last episode: