Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Episode VIII

Gonna see if I can avoid any spoilers from here on in, muting this thread, setting up twitter defenses, wish me luck!

The trailer wasn’t bad, I will be watching it week 1 with my two brothers-in-law and father. I think Star Wars fatigue is setting in though. In 2-3 years I will probably stop watching them in the theater.

I would have, but you’ve muted the thread!

Well, looks to continue the trend of shitting on the original characters . . .Luke came off as a p*ssy in that trailer. I’m scared, I’m lying down yelling at you, feeble and shaking.

Blech.

shrug, might be cool

Sounds like it. Hey, we all have to grow up some time, you know?

googlyluke

I’m already lining up to buy my space pengiun and ice fox toys

I need to add Chewie’s new crew member is a worse wingman than my wife, though their reactions to observed driving are comparable.

I lol’d at the penguin thing with Chewie.

Groot?

Well, if they showed that at the end of the trailer, it’s surely an obvious fake out, IMO.

I know. Rey would never ask for help because she doesn’t need any!

[closes bunker door]

Cheap joke about Luke from a trailer screencap

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/917580882256506881

Discourse, embed, damn you!

Better poster has been released!

Haha, that’s pretty adorable! :)

Now this is some muscle flexing.

WSJ reports Disney has crafted agreements through which it will receive roughly 65 percent of ticket sales, “a new benchmark for a Hollywood studio” according to the report. (Average splits range from 40 percent abroad to 55 percent on average in the US to 60 percent for only the largest hits, WSJ writes.) And anonymous theater owners told the paper that Disney’s list of requirements for carrying The Last Jedi are the “most onerous they’ve ever seen.”

Among the asks theaters had to oblige, Disney insisted The Last Jedi must be shown on a participating theater’s largest auditorium for at least four weeks, theaters must sign individually watermarked contracts so official language doesn’t leak, and any marketing must be held until Disney gives theaters the go-ahead.

They have altered the deal.

Pray they don’t alter any farther.

Oh. My. God. This is like a horrible perfect confluence for a Star Wars/grammar nerd…

What the fuck are you trying to do to me, John!

-xtien

Heh, it was late and I was tired when I made that post.