Star Zeal 4x: role-playing an empire in a vast, procedural galaxy (due out sometime in 2022)

Thanks for the comments so far everyone.

About the procedural research:

I didn’t think it was anything groundbreaking, I simply thought it would be cool heh. Also I thought it had been done before like in No Man’s Sky, I could be wrong though.

Here is an old dev log of mine talking about it with an in game picture, for anyone interested. Do note though, its quite old.

Any news on this? @AkuuDE

Hey, yes I am very close to initial closed alpha release. I only have some UI, a bit of art and a few other little things to fix beforehand. Then I will release into public as soon as I sort out whatever shows up in the closed alpha.
There have been some dev logs since my last post too.
Check some of it out on my website: Dev Log 10 Part 1. Finalizing For Closed Alpha. – STAR ZEAL 4X
Or on steam: Steam Community :: Star Zeal 4x but the gifs don’t work in the log so I suggest using the website rather.
Also here is a link to my new discord for the game: Star Zeal 4x

I am sorry I have been way too busy working on to reply in reasonable time. I forgot this thread even existed until today… but yeah game is not dead and will not die, except over my dead body heh.

Nice!

Hey dudes, here is the final log before closed alpha. Procedural research, design and some general UI stuff. Star Zeal 4x - Dev Log 10, Part 2: Finalizing Research and UI for closed alpha. - Steam News

Also the discord link: Star Zeal 4x

So yeah… game dev amirite :).

Well, I like the nerdy ship component stuff! With any luck, it all will make a difference in how combat plays out in the game, too.

Looks interesting - so there will be general ‘theoretical’ research which leads to ‘applied’ research?

That part I have not actually truly decided on yet, because there is a points system for different kinds of science example “natural” or “manipulation” and such which you accumulate by the science points gained from colonies for example, and just doing sciency stuff. So that process is the theoretical research technically, thus I haven’t added actual theory to apply said points to. So I am leaving it as is for now. I have to see how it goes in closed alpha first at the least.