Starcrawlers -its out now!

I finished up NG++. Probably wouldn’t recommend it to anyone else, though. It was neat to see the alternate paths, but they weren’t all that different, and although the last few missions (level 65 characters vs. level 90 missions) got challenging again, there was a definite lull of fairly easy and rote stuff, especially since there’s no way to do side missions more than a few levels above you.

The item and level scaling doesn’t really work well at these higher levels either – after a certain point, more skill points are a waste, and there aren’t any new item abilities that unlock. And the actual defense value on armor and shields becomes totally pointless – when the enemies are hitting for 700 damage, it doesn’t much matter whether you are blocking 30 or 50 points of it. The game is very much at its best from level 5-25 or so.

MVP was definitely my soldier, followed closely by smuggler. By the end I had my soldier pumping out 10-20K damage every single tick while covering the screen with a carpet of bombs to finish the final target off with a 300K burst. And traps are just amazing at keeping everyone alive. Void psyker continued being great for thinning out big groups, and force psyker mitigated a ton of damage and debuffs.

Kudos for the patience for finishing NG++!

Free update today makes it prettier!

That does look nice. Is this game good?

I really enjoyed it when it was first released. I will check out out with the graphics upgrade for sure. But yeah it was fun.

It was very fun on release but then soon after, the devs reacted to a few stupid posts on the Steam forums and nerfed the hell out of some of the the most fun parts of the game in the interest of ‘balance’. In a single player only game no less. I was able to finish it but the changes killed any interest in playing through again on NG+.

So, it was good and then not so good. I have no idea what further changes they may have made.

Appreciate that, thanks.

On sale for 1.99

Ooooh, thanks for the notice of the sale. Now I can collect another digital game I will probably never play.

If you liked this, the sequel is now on Kickstarter!