Stardew Valley - Indie Farm Game

Okay, I have a question, but I only want a partial answer because I like figuring things out… regarding the skull mine, is there a way to unlock entering on a lower floor (like the elevator in the town mine) and I just haven’t discovered it yet? I assume that the weird pillar at the entrance to the mine has something to do with it, but I have yet to do or discover anything that lets me interact with it in any way.

Don’t tell me what I have to do–I just want to know whether it’s a thing that will be possible at some point… or will I always have to enter on floor one and
minor spoiler

make liberal use of the holes that drop you multiple floors

?

No warping ahead in Skull Caves. You always enter on floor one. I recommend taking bombs/explosive slingshot ammo + sling to make clearing rocks faster.

Well Goddamn. It’s true. Elliot is a dude (but looks so feminine in all their pics!), or ‘Dude looks like a lady’.

SPOILERS!!! Don’t click if you don’t want to (i did as i needed to resolve the situation).

That double length of day mod is working out quite nicely so far, you do need to keep some food at hand to top your energy up if your are being very productive, and you need to set the time mod to deactivate during Festivals, but overall it makes it a much more relaxed and enjoyable experience so far, for my playing preferences. Modding is still very rough and ready and none of the instructions were 100% accurate that i could see, so i had to do some thinking, basically you need to put everything related to mods in your %appdata% path and not in your main install folder where the Stardewvalley.exe is, i think that is how i got it to work eventually.

It’s not the chickens, it’s the hay! All that hay eats into my clever tree hugging schemes.

Aha, thanks for this clarification… I won’t continue banging my head against the wall thinking I’ve been missing something obvious. ;) I have been using bombs liberally to find my way down, and it is much quicker, but I just wasn’t sure if there was a better way, especially since I often see things on the walls that make me think that it looks like a warp point or something, but I guess it’s just stuff that’s there for show.

Thanks again!

He’s one of the eligible bachelors and doesn’t look like lady to me at all. heh.

You’re providing from the land in the most organic way possible. I spend all day hand watering and plucking food from the ground. And my chickens eat grass… that’s pretty green!

I just ripped out a walkway to provide better grass-growing in my barnyard. These freakin’ things are voracious.

I’ve built up quite a stockpile of eggs and milk by this point that I’m considering selling some of my chickens and cows before winter starts, just to cut down on the hay usage over the winter. My barnyard has plenty of grass that has kept my sizable herd fed from Spring to Autumn, but I’m noticing now that I’ve reached enough animals (three cows, three goats, two sheep, one pig, one rabbit, six regular chickens, one brown chicken and one demon chicken) that the grass in their yard is not growing faster than they are eating it. They’ll have enough left until winter starts (I’m mid autumn at the moment) and I do have some growing outside their yard that I’ll collect before winter starts, but I don’t now that there will be enough to fill both my silos. I figure I can sell some chickens, maybe a cow and a goat and make some money while I’m at it. I can always hatch more chickens later.

Gotta love going to a festival and finally winning, and winning something worthwhile with a little more fishing skill than I thought I had. If 70-80% is good, then I guess I am not as bad as I thought.

You were right about the barn - it finally rained. It only lets me take 2 hay now. I had to store the 2 hay in a chest before it’d let me pull another 2 hay. Seems to be a recent change.

Gold watering can

I accidentally discovered it can water more than 3 squares, keep going and it’s 6 squares!

Too bad I have sprinklers almost everywhere now!

Yeah, I wanted to stockpile hay for the winter as well, but both my barn and my coop are max upgraded… which means even after a rain, the hay automatically replenishes itself in the food troughs… so it seems I can never pull hay out of my silo.

I just might build a second coop and leave it at level one just to be able to stockpile hay in the future, hehe.

Back in Spring or Summer, did you choose Rancher or Tiller? Why?

Well it’s not season dependent. But Tiller, every day of the week and twice on sundays. Crops are your economy in this game. You’ll get many more crops than “animal products” in this game. Eventually the only time you’ll spend on your crops is (1) Spring 1 setup and (2) harvesting them. Sure, a chicken can potentially lay 7 eggs a week and 28 in a month (they won’t, though). It takes too many chickens to have that come anywhere close to comparing to e.g. a blueberry/cranberry harvest that uses the tier 2 quality fertalizer (or with tier 2 growth + the “10% growth” choice at farming 10). Crops all the time, every time.

Yeah, I like my animals but crops make so much more money.

It’s funny that I can make tens of thousands in farming but can’t scrape together 10 units of clay.

Get hoe’in. I saw on a wiki but haven’t tried it personally that if you repair a hoed tile that gave clay with the pickaxe, you can hoe it again for more clay. Rinse, repeat.

Also I’m thinking about Orchards but the RoI looks terrible. They seem like decent investments as far as time goes though.

Or just make sure you hoe up all the worms you can find.

Ah, clever. Have to try that.

I think this was a bug that wad fixed, but I could be mistaken.