Stardock owns Star Control and is planning an "XCOM-like" reboot

I was worried about the Drenkend. Then they started attacking me. Now they are a regular source of RU.

That reminds me. Is there a way to increase the value or amount of salvage obtained at the end of a fight? I experimented with the “salvage” weapon at one point, but didn’t notice it doing anything special in that regard.

It’s an AoE crew vampire, nothing to do with RU

Wow, that’s a strange name for that weapon. I’ll have to check it out again sometime. Thanks!

You should post more.

Is it just for balance reasons that the crews of ships you find on planets don’t get replenished?

@Brad_Wardell something to look at with the ai module. I have the hyper nuke on my ship, but with phasers installed the ai won’t fire any nukes, and just waits until it is close enough at some point then fires off the phasers. It was just going around in circles with a radiant angel ship, getting wore down, and finally died in the nebula. At distance and with full energy I don’t see why it wouldn’t be firing the nukes.

One QoL thing that might be nice is the ability to buyback something during the same trade session, in case “hypothetically” you accidentally sell the 70 Francium you were storing. :/

Question, if humans colonize another system, can you visit the colony? wondering if the 1st colony disappeared as I didn’t find them on any planet in the system.

Oh crap. I knew I should have played this game with a notebook handy beside me. I’ve found three or four worlds now that my first officer said I should keep in mind because they would make good worlds to colonize. But they don’t show in the Captain’s Log. And I sure as heck don’t remember which ones they were anymore.

If they colonize somewhere they will note it in the captains log.

Nevermind I guess. I should stop before I spoil myself. :)

By the way, last night I continued at the point where I was almost out of fuel, but I had enough fuel to go to the next system, and the next system just happened to have a Ferengi-like trading race that had a starbase that sold me fuel. Hurray!

There’s two ships I’ve found on planets that I’m getting much better with in combat. It’s two abilities are a tractor beam, and biological main gun that shoots slowly and short range, but does a lot of damage. The ship is darn slow to move and turn to start with, but once I pick up some power-ups, it’s pretty agile. Enough that if I can capture a small ship with my tractor beam, I can destroy it almost instantly with the main gun. I don’t think that will work on a Scryve battle cruiser though. If I grabbed that one in my tractor beam, I think I’ll be the one who is dead.

The thing is, it’s not consistent; some do and some don’t. I wonder if there’s a rhyme and reason to it.

Yeah, the ship I’m talking about, the one with the tractor beam and biological heavy hitting main gun, that ship’s crew gets replenished when I go to Earth, so presumably it’s one that humans can pilot.

Maybe they have on deep background somewhere which ships can be piloted by humans and which can’t.

What’s surprising is that these ships, I can’t find them in Fleet-battles mode. Maybe they’ll get unlocked as I play through the main campaign? Or maybe not. It’s all very mysterious.

It wasn’t obvious to me at first but you can add notes to systems on the map. Very helpful for labeling interesting things.

I figure all the ships I find wrecked on planets must have human crews when I use them unless it is an ally race’s ship type, then I could see it being a crew of those aliens. I doubt a bunch of scryve decided to pilot this battlecruiser for me. I’ll be sad when it finally is dead.

Even with the new rtx 2080 when I get into a storm system on a planet there is a noticeable drop.

It is fairly isolated to that though from what I’ve experienced. I was also running at 4k on a 1070 and it was performing well outside of those times.

I found the colony. Apparently I skipped a planet the last time I visited the system.

It goes from 100+ fps down into 30s and 20s in the storm. Also noticed it drops a bit in hyperspace into the 40s.

A patch to make some of us very happy is live now…

The game now remembers the systems and planets you have visited and faded down the star graphic in the minimap and sector map. Labels are also faded and the line becomes green vs yellow for those visited.

also nice:

Planet scan screen now shows a count of the value of minerals on the right-hand side above the minerals list.

Added message for when you scan a low-value planet

Excellent news.

Yesssss. I can’t wait to continue my exploration tonight.

Last night I did run into a bug though. I ran into a race called the M’kay or something, and they wanted to hide with my fleet. But I didn’t have enough fleet points to take them with me. So I got a message saying they’ll stay right there and I can come back for them. This happened earlier in the game too with another race, and in that instance I went back and got more fleet points and came back for them. But in this case, the M’kay ship just disappeared. So there’s nothing to come back for.