Stardock owns Star Control and is planning an "XCOM-like" reboot

I seriously thought I was the only one that loved the Mako. My son and I spent so much time just driving around, even though there was nothing to see or find

Like most things, it’s a hell of a lot better than the “scanning” waste of time padding. Thank Zeus for save editors.

Everyone loves the Mako. Everyone also loves to bitch about the Mako. They just sort of go together.

That looks… looked… awesome.

I realized that if Kevin Unangst saw me posting video from my machine he’d take my thumbs. He knows people.

Well damn, I missed it. Whatever it was.

Here’s a frame:

Short version: The lander is very fun to drive. :)

If I can’t get Playstation NetPlayer Tropheychievos for doing sick 1080s in the lander i want my Founder’s money back ;-)

Here’s the crazy part:

We have 75 different planet environments.

So with Ashes of the Singularity, I think we had…5. Snow world, lava world, grass world, crystal world.

And there’s thousands of planets where every single planet is unique (but one of those 75 classes). And it loads fast (the goal is to eliminate load screens entirely).

So lots of tricky stuff here. This is where Nitrous really shines.

Looking forward to the Atlas Rises update

Didn’t NMS release the Atlas Rises update already? I haven’t followed that game very closely. From what I have seen, NMS has a very different emphasis.

fogleg

New dev journal today! Brad walks you through how big space really is and how its scale fits into the Star Control multiverse.

New dev journal! Topic is Precursors!

Ok. It is screenshot Friday on Qt3.

BETA 2 of Fleet Battles arrives on Steam and GOG this week.

Multi-planet battle arenas, more ships, Custom super-melee, new weapons, new parts, prettier graphics. :)

One of my biggest pet peeves about SC2’s melee combat was that I often lost track of the planet until it inevitably wrapped around and I ran into it. Any chance SCO will have some sort of indicator of where the planet is, even if it’s off-screen?

Ill second that request meeper. I remember main-a-melee where you close into the enemy and then “Sensors detect… PLANET!!!”.

I think a small arrow pointing to its position and range (perhaps is the color or size of the arrow) would be good.

Although in the above screen shot, it appears that there are 3 celestial bodies. Can you run into them all? If so, then another solution might be needed.

Wasn’t part of the fun in melee that you did run into the planets… or made your opponent do.

Maneuvering someone into a planet could be fun, but that can only be done if you know where the planet is. Basically NOT knowing where the planet is, is the equivalent of wandering random damage that you take for no apparent reason.

There is no strategy to it, it is just bad luck or good luck if it happens to the other guy.