Stardock owns Star Control and is planning an "XCOM-like" reboot

I’d sometimes park the Arilou Skiff—which didn’t get affected by gravity—right by the planet and watch a big, lumbering enemy ship slam into it.

Yep. In multiplayer, one of the main advantages I had over other players is that I was much better at keeping track of where the planet should be in my head even when it was off screen.

Fleet Battles beta 2 went live today (available to all who pre-order Star Control: Origins).

The multiplayer on it works a bit like Hearthstone. I’m up to rank 5 right now. I always think I’m a big man until I play people online.

Beta 2 adds custom multiplayer where you can play with your friends in custom lobbies and use your custom ships.

We’re having a Twitch stream today at 4pm ET with one of our artists who will be talking about the process for creating the Star Control: Origins keyart.

Pretty nice!

Brad’s posted some new images for screenshot Friday!

New Barren class world are…well, like Ceti Alpha V. Not pleasant but survivable.

Metal class worlds are cool if you can survive lightning strikes.

Reduction worlds are well beyond our technology right now to land on. Which is a shame because they’re so rich…

Weather systems are now in…

I’m totally getting this! I am buried under some great games right now, so glad I got time, but between Battletech and replaying POE and then starting POE2, and then resuming Kingdom Deliverance I’m sooo ok waiting a bit though. :) I really hope this turns out as good as it looks. Oddly I felt like there was nothing great to play/want to play last year.

Last year there were some really good games. But I was so buried by work they’re in my backlog.

Divinity: Original Sin II looks really good.

Right now, we’re doing a bit of overtime so that we can make is even easier to add more story.

Let me grab a screenshot of that:

There’s not a single procedural generated story in this game. Every single story is hand crafted as that is the whole point imo.

Are there enough stories for very many playthrus? (You’re not losing a customer whatever the answer, I already bought it!)

Yep, and players will be able to create and share their own adventures. :)

This might be a tough one… :)

When a Tywom offers you a massage, you:

A.) Gladly accept! It’s not weird that they only have three fingers on their hands, is it?

B.) Dubiously back away. There’s just something about their eyes…

C.) RUN AWAY! The horror of an alien massage is just too much for you!

A) every time.

Free massage is free massage

#screenshotfriday!

New camera options:

I’m on the moon of Kafs gathering Terbium (which seriously exists, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terbium) to be sold so that I can buy a map off of these traders to help get me further into the Scryve empire.

Here’s a quick showcase of Fleet Battles beta 2. :)

Hate to ask a stupid question but I’m going to anyway since I don’t want to surf back thru this thread to find the answer: when is this coming out?

Late summer.

Oh cool, that’s sooner than I’d hoped. Thanks!

So… I never played the original. There, I said it out loud.

Looking forward to this – it looks like a whole lot of fun.