Stardock owns Star Control and is planning an "XCOM-like" reboot

This might be a tough one… :)

When a Tywom offers you a massage, you:

A.) Gladly accept! It’s not weird that they only have three fingers on their hands, is it?

B.) Dubiously back away. There’s just something about their eyes…

C.) RUN AWAY! The horror of an alien massage is just too much for you!

A) every time.

Free massage is free massage

#screenshotfriday!

New camera options:

I’m on the moon of Kafs gathering Terbium (which seriously exists, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terbium) to be sold so that I can buy a map off of these traders to help get me further into the Scryve empire.

Here’s a quick showcase of Fleet Battles beta 2. :)

Hate to ask a stupid question but I’m going to anyway since I don’t want to surf back thru this thread to find the answer: when is this coming out?

Late summer.

Oh cool, that’s sooner than I’d hoped. Thanks!

So… I never played the original. There, I said it out loud.

Looking forward to this – it looks like a whole lot of fun.

Wait, there was a star control before this one? Was it any good? :)

Yes, Yes, and No.

There were 2 Star Control games before this. Just 2.

Star Control 3 is an underappreciated gem y’all. Bah, bah I say!

I mainly played the melee’s of starcon 2 and 3 and honestly didn’t think the melee portion of starcon 3 was all that bad.

But surely not in 3D perspective, right? You switched to top-down? That 3D mode messed with my eyeballs. Couldn’t hit shit.

I could play it in either mode by the end. I started off in 2D mode, but I kept switching to 3D since it looked so pretty. And by the end of the game I was mostly playing 3D mode, even Hyper Melee mode. Your brain just needs time to adjust. It helps that in the campaign, there’s a lot of easy battles, so you can still do them easily in 3D, even when you’re not used to it yet.

Yeah, hypermelee was fine in Star Control 3 - there were some good ship designs. Even the aliens were decent. It was just the game that was largely broken.

The thing I remember about SC3 was that it seemed like it wanted to combine strategy and RPG together and that didn’t really work.

IGN sat down with Stardock’s Patrick Shaw to take a look at Adventure Mode!

May preview trailer!