Stardock owns Star Control and is planning an "XCOM-like" reboot

AWESOME!!!

This is like the most annoying nitpick and part of me doesn’t even want to bring it up (but if I’m going to be immortalized, I want it to be right, dammit).

Adeyton Prime is missing an L between the D and E. It should be Adleyton Prime (which is easy to miss)!

Low priority, but, you know, it’s my name and I’m a little attached :)

Please don’t make Bradley even more Sadley by spelling his name Badley.

You are the OR (the Original Rhymenocerous)!

Seriously.

You people are a bad influence on me. Do you want to end up like Jeff Lackey who my mom says I can’t play with? Is that the end goal here?

LOLOL! ;)

Yea, and I still have your Choplifter disk.

I wish I was good enough to create a stick man waving to you here. ;)

YOU probably played Sneakers. Enough said.

Motros:

Well that looks cool as fuck.

@Brad_Wardell
A couple more to consider:
Gesham - (transliterated Hebrew for ‘rain’) some kind of water world, perhaps? To be honest, trying to find a way to get my cat’s name immortalized, but Rain is a bit mundane for a planet’s name. :)
Mgifos - (for “My God, it’s full of stars”) if you could somehow manage something which looks like a monolith on a planet, that would be awesome

And YOU probably played Space Eggs!

It’s true! Sob!

Another planet I visited with one of the suggested names.

Basically, the further you get from Earth the weirder things get.

Looks like a microscope image of moon dust in colours.

Check out this weeks dev journal which is part 2 of the Aliens of Star Control!

We’re super excited to announce that Adam Baldwin has joined the voice cast for Star Control: Origins! :)

I’m of mixed mind on this one.

On one hand:

• He seems like a great actor, has a distinctive voice, and has undeniable sci-fi cred. He seems a perfect fit for the role.

On the other hand:

• He’s supported/coined Gamergate; a pretty awful chapter in gaming’s short history

Someone’s personal opinions on politics don’t weigh too heavily into my view of their work, as long as the work’s not advocating, so whatever on any right-wing stuff. Still, the Gamergate bit bothers me as it seems a little close to home.

Any chance this will be addressed, or is this something Stardock would rather stay mum on? (totally understandable if that’s the case; you guys are trying to sell a product, after all)

If political views are the gauge of whether we buy products or rate their usefulness, most in the West would not be able to buy any oil, they’ll have to drill for it themselves.