Stardock owns Star Control and is planning an "XCOM-like" reboot

lol - agreed. Frankly, I’m looking forward to the game and having Menkmack/Jayne chasing me across the galaxy sounds terrific.

I love looking at the screenshots and getting reminded of how I used to spend hours upon hours travelling to harvests nodes to improve the starting cruiser. Yet I have a strong nagging suspicion that I’ll not be able to afford the time and the attention span required to enjoy another “sprawling universe” type of game again.

But I can always live vicariously through my friends at Qt3 haha.

and once you start down this road there’s no end to it…but on the other hand what you choose to ignore or think highly of is at some level on you is it not?

That’s true. If pressed, I guess I’ll have to say, I will distinguish between the owner and employees. Between the people and the leader. So for example, I’ll not go stay at a Trump Hotel, but I’ll buy US goods.

He’s a great VO actor. He was in Mass Effect and more recently, Injustice.

We probably don’t share the same politics but the opportunity to have one of the actors from Firefly in the new Star Control is pretty exciting. There’s a lot of great VO in the game.

I can’t disagree with a single thing :)
… I hope he doesn’t mind I’ll always think of him as Jayne, however, lol.

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this render of the ship you will be captain of:

It’s 315 meters long. Starting crew of 100 but expandable to 400.

That’s is very cool.

Heh, sorry, I should probably have sent this over to marketing before posting it here.

Gorgeous. I like the circular bit; makes me think of the theoretical warp drive stuff scientists came up with a few years back (requiring “exotic materials”).

haha :)

That looked great, cant wait to see it in movement.

Friday has arrived.

34 days until release.

This is part of the in game crafting tools designed to let players create their own buildings for placement on planets when they create their own stories.

That looks quite awesome. I have a weird question; will the game support little people wandering around, or is that going to be too much of a resource drag?

Yea that would be would be much more of a long term thing since we’d need to let players create aliens then ala Spore.

I’ve been indulging in star Traders:Frontiers, which has a story but is basically a space based sandbox, where you have a ship and do…whatever you like.

I’m doing alot of trading, enjoying myself, occasionally fighting people.

Is Star control anything like it?

I saw his tweet yesterday to you where he wrote, “Had a blast recording for this yesterday! Good writing is always fun!!!”.

Thanks for supporting him and adding his voice to the game. I’m watching Chuck, the TV series, that he was on and it’s a lot of fun too. It’s not as amazing as Firefly, but not bad summer viewing material.

This week’s dev journal takes a look at the UI design process for Star Control: Origins! :)

Check it out here:

Check out the new Gamescom trailer “By Any Means Necessary” featuring all new in-game footage!

Dare I say it? It looks pretty darn cool!

That’s a nice trailer. I love the music.