Stardock owns Star Control and is planning an "XCOM-like" reboot

Free Reinforcements DLC for Star Control: Origins! A new wave of diverse ships has arrived for Fleet Battles game mode.

Sweet! I have to admit I haven’t messed around much with Fleet Battles except toward the beginning, as I was getting used to the combat. This looks to add a reason to revisit.

First part of Earth Rising is available this week. :)

Lacking a better thread for this, I wanted to share that The Digital Antiquarian just covered Star Control II in its historical review of, like, all of computer games.

https://www.filfre.net/2018/12/star-control-ii

Good read.

SC2 remains my favorite gaming experience of all time.

Star Control Origins has been DMCAed off GOG and Steam.

Sorry. I posted in the wrong SC thread.

It’s relevant to this thread as well.

Indeed. Stardock will be setting up its own distribution channel.

Holy cats.

Ugh.

Widely created? Credited? GameStop will probably sell Impulse back for next-to-nothing.

That’s about the nicest way I could describe them this evening.

With the new year here I wanted to use this opportunity to say goodbye. I’ve enjoyed my 17 years here but during that time, my presence has often created controversy that I suspect wouldn’t exist if I wasn’t a regular here.

I’ve requested that Tom remove my account. I wish you all a happy new year and farewell.

Thanks for all the fish!

The Third Doctrinal War -- Stardock, Reiche/Ford, and Star Control

Good luck, Brad.

I am sorry to read that you are leaving us, Brad. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.

So, haters win.

I think this is a shame too. I have only limited knowledge of the Star Control bru-ha-ha but I hope 2019 sees the end of it and Stardock continue making interesting games. Good luck Brad.

I’ll miss you, Brad, but I understand the competing needs between running Stardock and finding a fun, online social venue. I hope you can find a way to do both in the future.

Doh…

You haven’t been to his Twitter account in the past 24hrs have you? :)