Starfield by Bethesda -- PC and Xbox exclusive -- 09/06/23

If they improved character animation significantly that would be a huge step. Even if textures were a bit rough on closer inspection, both Fallout 4 and 76 didn’t look bad to me and I’m willing to sacrifice some visual fidelity for interactivity.

I really don’t care about improving animations or heads or anything - just keep the wonderful world building and immersive storytelling throughout the world, and I’ll be happy!

Hey, how did you get a hold of my family photos?

Would you like me to make a screenshot of Skyrim and post here or should we just let the hyperbole stand?

My point is - This isn’t the kind of game where improving the graphics make a great difference - not to me at least - These games are about something else - The exploration, the wonderment of travelling the world, the sights, the things that happen because of a million interlocking systems, both bad and good.

I’m just teasing you. I know you get a bit sensitive when people are too critical of games. It’s all in good fun. We’re all excited for their next game but we can also roll our eyes at Todd and everything will be okay.

Ha! I am, am I not? Sorry about that.

And you are right of course - thanks!

I still have hope that they will do like they did with Fallout 4 and announce the release just a few months away from the actual release. That was pretty cool.

Sneak peek at Starfield’s face models:

Yeah, that was great. I agree that it’s much better when they show a game off for the first time and then say it will be available later this year.

Not to worry, my 4 year old daughter just got hired as the lead character designer.

This is the latest rumor - big showing of the game, maybe towards the end of the summer, with release this fall/winter of 2021, just like Fallout 4:

I had to laugh, because I hadn’t visited this thread previously and I was told it started in Jun 2018.

I do not believe that rumor. We’ve seen nothing about Starfield so far.

We saw nothing about Fallout 4 or Fallout 76 until just a few months before they released. But only time will tell.

Skyrim wasn’t announced that far in advance either. It was announced at an awards show with a trailer on Dec 11, 2010, at the end of the trailer they had the release date of 11.11.11. So about 11 months away from release. But after that, yeah, Fallout 4 and Fallout 76 were first announced even closer to their release.

Maybe it will launch in the same horrible state as Fallout 76?

Hush, you.

I don’t know if it works that way. If it scales linearly then plotting from Skyrim to Fallout 4 to Fallout 76, Starfield will probably format your hard drive and punch you like you’re @Dave_Perkins’ nuts on election night.

Bringing back the Myth II “format your hard drive” bug. A classic!

Sometimes I wonder how you people get through the day without falling down and crying :-D