Starflight 3!

It appears that a crowdfunding campaign to make a sequel to the venerable Starflight series is going to be starting soon.

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/starflight-3

Trailer:

Yeah, I got an email from Fig about this and they’re already allowing early backing, but then the web page says al this stuff was confidential? So I didn’t post the link. I don’t know how all this works. Anyway, woohoo!

I’ve not posted anything either due to that confidential thing on their page. I asked one of their guys directly about it and haven’t heard back.

That said, my reaction to this news is such: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I found this in a link in another forum, I didn’t realize it was secret info. But yeah, the cat’s out of the bag so,

Jooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

What the hell is fig?

It’s like Kickstarter. I used it to support Psychonauts 2, and Pillars of Eternity 2.

Will Stardock try to steal this too?

It’s a combo Kickstarter-copycat and actual-investment-crowdsourcing service run by game companies so that they have as little oversight as possible in how they spend the money ;-)

I am being a little snarky, but it does feel a LITTLE weird knowing the guys running the show are also the ones benefiting from it financially in many cases. I’m sure they see it as cutting out the middle man, though.

HumaNature is Greg Johnson’s studio, so that’s a good sign that there will be some expertise behind this effort. Sounds like good news (says the guy who could never get very far in SF1).

I’m surprised at how much that trailer shows. It looks like the game is already pretty far along.

All I can see is the page where you give an email.

Want. Much.

If they don’t program it in Forth, I will be disappointed in them.

I didn’t get your joke so I went googling and, wow, I had no idea the original Starflight was written in Forth. I guess at the time when C was the default language I can see going with Forth. Still sounds painful.

One of my favorite things about it! :)

It is good news, says the guy who’s finished Starflight three or four times.

I lol’ed.

Very, very excited for SF3!!!

Future me just came back in time to tell me we back/ed this in my future, his past.

Future you invented a time machine just for that?!