Starflight 3!

high five

I know we are in the worst timeline but don’t even suggest such a thing.

You know when it all went wrong. It wasn’t Trump, it wasn’t even MOO3, I think Highlander 2 was the split. The timeline was going along just fine, and then a studio exec started thinking “Hmm, the kids love this Highlander film, maybe we should make another”. Right there was the quantum moment. In one timeline he thought “no, that’s stupid. How can you even possibly make a sequel!” and things from there proceeded just fine. In this timeline, well, you know.

At least we have plenty of time to debate whether future me decides to hard troll because of this thread, or whether this thread goes in whichever direction it does because future me decides to hard troll.

I’m #502.

And future me was holding a piece of paper that had 502 on it.

:( A fierce competitor with Front Page Sports Football 99 edition for biggest disappointment. I kind of wish they would have just released it as Emrich intended so we could have seen what the original vision was.

I sincerely hope this turns out to be a better investment

I’m # 518 for the $125

First time I’ve EVER done this. But it’s Starflight.

$133 (w/ shipping) is worth the risk IMO.

I am backer #141! And I would have been earlier than that except I wrestled with going all in, doing a $200 backer just because I love Starflight so much. But then I knew I’d have to have a discussion with the wife, and I dialed down my enthusiasm a bit.

They have collected already 70K without setting even a goal. You guys have really thrown your wallets at these guys :)

And deservedly so, I think. I checked for years that Starflight 3 web site…

Averages out to $122 a backer so far.

That was the only thing that gave me a (temporary) pause…they say that they won’t bill the CC until they meet their goal, but didn’t say what that goal was.

If I had it to spare, I’d have done that $5,000 backer package in a nanosecond. No question .

YES!

I’m all over this.

I was actually thinking about the 125$ package @BrianRubin but wanted to see the campaign play out a bit longer…

Looks like everyone backing at this moment wants alpha access and wish they could pony up more @vyshka

I feel cheap going with the $45 option. Usually with these things I do the lowest tier that offers the digital copy.

Honestly I haven’t even looked at the page yet now that it is up. I spent this month’s entertainment budget already on a video card upgrade. I fear that though I have maintained some discipline regarding not throwing money at nostalgia inducing projects, this one will break me.

Next month however…

I tried to lobby for an 85 dollar backstage tier with alpha access but no physical goods. I could spring for the 125 tier, I just don’t particularly want a physical copy these days. No response yet.

This isn’t a continuation of that fan project is it?

No, it’s official.

I meant that clearly I wasn’t the only person checking that website @RickH :)

I will be holding out for the alpha as I find that kind of early access to spoil games like this for me… and it’s not like the campaign will be a close thing.