Starflight 3!

Or… steal millions of dollars. :)

Stop kicking me while I’m down, okay?! ;)

Well, there goes one reason.

Yet they did take the time to do an interview for Brian’s podcast, which is way more time intensive than having their social media guy post a quick blurb on the campaign page, no? They did the time-expensive thing, then didn’t do the time-cheap thing to benefit either party. Doesn’t seem terribly smart, pun intended.

Wow, I missed that. Might withdraw my pledge now because that’s infuriating.

It’s not getting funded; so I think you’re OK there.

So it doesn’t look like this is going to get enough money with less than a week to go, which really bums me out after getting all hyped for it listening to the SGJ podcast (and it is total bullshit that they didn’t post a link to said podcast on the campaign page).

Tell me something, is just “pledging” the same as with kickstarter, i.e. you keep your money if the goal isn’t met?

No. From the Fig page.

Your pledge will only be collected if this campaign reaches its goal on Sep 27, 2018 9pm. Investments will be reconfirmed once the securities are qualified by the SEC.

Thanks for the reply, but I’m not seeing how what you quoted is different from what a Kickstarter campaign does. “will only be collected etc.” means that my card or whatever won’t be charged if the campaign doesn’t reach its goal by the time indicated. I know that fig is different in that at certain tiers you’re actually investing in the game and if it’s a platinum seller you’ll reap some returns (and if the game never ships you’ve lost your money, obviously, but that part is the same with Kickstarter for all intents and purposes).

Sigh, stuck at 48% for the last day.

You and Rich are talking past each other. Your money isn’t collected if the full commitment isn’t met, just like Kickstarter.

Yes. If it doesn’t fund, you get your money back.

I was gonna throw $500 in as a gesture, but their inexplicable failure to link @BrianRubin’s podcast really rubs me the wrong way.

Me too man. Me too. Feels petty to admit that, but I have to be honest about it.

They just shot themselves in the foot there. You give great pod, Brian.

This. And you give fabulous super-gay TOS gifs as well, B.

I do think these older Space IP’s are of hit & miss value. For every Elite / Fallout there are a dozen others that just no longer have any pulling power.

imho its usually better just to make your own new thing rather than try and resurrect an old IP. I say this because i would have loved to see a new game like starflight by the same developers.

I just think they spent too much effort marketing nostalgia vs why the new game is worth buying for people under the age of 40 ( coincidentally I put Star Control in the same category).

Yes, I think they get too bogged down by the minutiae of the original games’ mechanics. For example, gathering resources and moving slowly from system to system are not among my top 10 reasons for why I thought Starflight or Star Control were fun.

Thanks man.