Starflight 3!

I would so love it if you were right.

I haven’t backed this one because I don’t think I ever played the older games, despite them being in my wheelhouse.

I did play a lot of Wing Commander. If someone were to crowdfund a spiritual successor to those by the original creat-

Oh, shit.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahhaq

Bwahaha! I just spit my water out, because it took me a bit to realize…

I believe I would have joined in on this if I heard more about it. I didn’t play the originals, but they seem to be something I would enjoy.

Incorrect. Only 156k pledged. The rest is from Fig.

My work here is done.

Today’s email referenced Elon Musk and trying to get HIM to back it. That makes me want to withdraw my pledge so much, if it were to happen.

I am officially grossed out by the Elon Musk bundle, even if it is a joke. Jesus Christ.

He’s famous!

“Fug funds” means that people chose to invest as opposed to back the project. It’s not money Fig is just handing over to the developer for funsies.

Not exactly. Edit: or maybe, see below.

the anticipated amount that Fig will fund from its working capital directly to the developer. The amount of Fig funds provided has a direct correlation with the amount of Fig game shares reserved during the campaign, up to a cap agreed to with the developer.

@copeknight just cancelled my pledge

@peacedog maybe you are right about this (and you might have worked with Fig for all I know). Apologies if I got it wrong. I think there was 250k from the start, and I was thinking that was a baseline number from Fig, but maybe somebody bought a thousand shares during the preview.

I am not saying “there was $250k straight invested in the project as opposed to donated”. I don’t know precisely what “correlates” means and neither does anyone else here I expect (Well, who wasn’t a dev on a Fig project, anyway, or a fig employee)). I doubt it means Fig gives more than e.g. your $250 fig share (see link below), although I can’t say that definitively. They don’t allow randos to invest (I expect it’s the option interested, resourced, industry parties chose, though).

There is no indication that it’s just money Fig is randomly giving. According to all language I’ve found it’s “backer” money, just a different sort of backer (you’ll profit if the game does well).

Fig Investing.

It doesn’t make the campaign any less of a trainwreck, of course.

OMG.

Well today the Internet Gods™ smiled upon as as one of YOU, the best most supportive fans on Arth tweeted at the amazing Elon Musk, telling him to swoop in and fund Starflight 3 the rest of the way. Well he responded! Buuuut not 100% the way we wanted, talking about some other awesome sci-fi game (which we happen to love too!)… So we decided to sweeten the deal a bit!

Today we’ve created a new one-of-a-kind bundle: The Elon Bundle. At $420,000 (USD) this can only be had for a king’s ransom. BUT if a certain king were to come along and purchase this not only would Starflight 3 meet its goal but it would also include a new race in every copy of the game. And for this one beloved benefactor, he would get a special truly one-of-a-kind box copy of the game.

SO WE NEED YOU, OH AMAZING FANS! Take to Twitter! Let Elon know how much we AND the universe need him! You can make your voice heard here:

https://twitter.com/Agent_KO/status/1044766555471405057

Desperate times call for desperate measures and any noise we can make could make all the difference!

Thanks again so much for your support! And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Instagram (@Starflightgame)!

Sincerely,

The Starflight 3 Team

Yeah, it’s silly and desperate, and obviously Mr. Musk has better things to spend his money on so it’ll never happen.

Wow, that is deeply distasteful.

And straight-up pathetic.

I’m gonna keep my pledge I wanna keep tabs on it after it fails, but I am so…I don’t even know how to feel about this last bit. The Tweets were funny, but…ugh…

I’ll trust this thread for updates. I canceled. Starflight 3? More like Grimoire 2, amiright? ;)

I did as well. If a white knight comes in to save the poorly run kickstarter they didn’t need my money anyways.

Wow, one person backed at the $5,000 level.