Starflight 3!

Maybe they can rename it “SpaceX! The Adventure”

And the rovers can be Teslas!

I’m not withdrawing my pledge. I hope they make it, and I hope I get a game out of it. I might have complaints about the new Star Control, but man, it also made me realize while playing it that I’m so starved for this type of game. I’d love to get another.

I didn’t withdraw either, not that it’s going to make any difference…

eww that Musk thing is not a good look. For them I mean, not meant as a negative to Mr.Musk.

530x298

Sigh, yeah, not happening.

Only because you didn’t tweet to Musk.

I think you guys should be glad to see this fail rather than squeak by. If their campaign was this poorly planned out and executed, what do you think the end product that would be worked on over the course of years would look like?

Yeah, I’m SO HAPPY. I get what you’re saying, it’s just SO FRUSTRATING to watch.

Oh I hear you there. I somehow missed Starflight despite it being the exact type of game I would go nuts over, but I can totally understand how it feels to have Lucy yank the football.

I don’t assume that their (lack of) marketing skill and effort necessarily tells me anything about their ability to produce a game.

It’s not their marketing ability that concerns me. There’s every indication that this campaign was very poorly planned and executed. That’s the part that doesn’t give me any confidence in their development plan for Starflight 3.

You don’t know what they’ve planned. You are inferring information from what is publicly available on the funding site, and interviews they’ve done.

Hahahahah good one.

#notbitter

Of course I’m inferring. I didn’t think there was any implication I had planted a bug in their conference room or stole internal documents that led to me having an inside scoop.

Kickstarter et al are littered with the corpses of games that failed due to being unable to come up with a realistic plan and execute on that. Making software is damn hard, and I imagine games are doubly or triply so because on top of a game being technically sound, it also has to be fun. So this total shitshow of a crowdfunding campaign makes me doubt how thought out their development plan for this actually was, if it successfully funded. What are they going to do, tweet Elon Musk and Bill Cosby for help with unexpected issues they’re having in their rendering pipeline?

Well then boy, do I have good news for you! Because this funding campaign is going down hard, and you can go right on assuming you were right all along.

For sure! And I’ll be awaiting your Thank You card for saving you your pledge. :P

Haha, great GIF! Putting flippancy aside, I am disappointed to see this go down in flames. Starflight 3 sounds like a game I’d really like. My initial comment was intended to point out the possible silver cloud here. If this is going to go down in flames, it’s so much better that it happens now and not two years later with the pledge money all spent. I was in no way ever rooting for this to fail, I hope my comment(s) didn’t come across that way.

And my logic is that even if this did release add turn out half-assed, I’d still probably like it better than a lot of games out there. I realize this is counter to the idea that a thing worth doing is worth doing well, and so we are not likely to ever see eye-to-eye on this one. But these kind of games don’t come around much anymore, and I’ll take what I can get.