Starflight 3!

No idea. My first comment after he popped in to say he backed it was “uh, I hope you aren’t endangering the time stream or anything like that” and he cackled and then left.

I want to believe.

You couldn’t ask him when the damned thing comes out?

Future me didn’t stay, I couldn’t stop him. Me. Whatever.

Ya’ll, what if something in this thread is why?

Future you is a jerk. 😄

Total jerk.

Did future you say whether there are loot boxes?

Just became backer #500

For anyone else that can’t see the campaign, try this link, which is how I got to it.

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/starflight-3?mp=promo&r=preview

You can get beta access with a 40 dollar pledge right now, but once the campaign goes fully live, that will cost you 80.

I did the $125 pledge, my biggest pledge for anything since Star Shitizen.

Oh, hadn’t realized that came with Alpha access. Tempting.

You joke, but in my mind the value of the new Star Control has dropped significantly. This is early and looks much better (for my tastes) in terms of mood and feel, if obviously still unpolished. It also has some of the original devs involved, which is a plus.

Also, Starflight with Star Control core gameplay mechanics (basically the Genesis version of Starflight) is the pinnacle of the genre. And this seems to be based on that.

This will be my first fig backing, for sure.

As much as my heart loves the DOS version, after spending time with the Genesis version, I fear you’re correct. It’s really how the game should be played.

Thanks, I’m #501 ;P

high five

I know we are in the worst timeline but don’t even suggest such a thing.

You know when it all went wrong. It wasn’t Trump, it wasn’t even MOO3, I think Highlander 2 was the split. The timeline was going along just fine, and then a studio exec started thinking “Hmm, the kids love this Highlander film, maybe we should make another”. Right there was the quantum moment. In one timeline he thought “no, that’s stupid. How can you even possibly make a sequel!” and things from there proceeded just fine. In this timeline, well, you know.

At least we have plenty of time to debate whether future me decides to hard troll because of this thread, or whether this thread goes in whichever direction it does because future me decides to hard troll.

I’m #502.

And future me was holding a piece of paper that had 502 on it.

:( A fierce competitor with Front Page Sports Football 99 edition for biggest disappointment. I kind of wish they would have just released it as Emrich intended so we could have seen what the original vision was.

I sincerely hope this turns out to be a better investment