Starflight 3!

Finest kind.

Same here. I can only hope it was done on a dot-matrix printer. Loved those things.

I loved the sound they made.

I remember working in an office with an open floor plan and several dot matrix printers. They were each housed in a sound dampening box. People constantly forgot to close the boxes. It was… noisy.

Re - Starflight
I remember getting this for a holiday from Compusa for an old pc. I also remember it not launching, calling customer support and having them send me a separate disc with the patch on it.

One of the formative games for me. Although my original copy is gone, I’ve got an original box/manual in storage.

Holy crap. The original Starflight was the first game I ever played.

Hey if all you dudes could kick in a few bucks for this, I’d consider it a personal favor. I really want to play this game.

Me too! Holy crap I really want to play it. Though, heh, I hope the ability to turn down that bloom effect on everything is possible. :D

I’m going to paste here part of a PM I sent to @Left_Empty literally YESTERDAY about Starflight. What a weird friggin’ coincidence this is. Here:

It may very well be the earliest memory I have, is playing this game.

Ahem…

Sonova. I tried searching but assumed it would be on the first few “pages” and wasn’t. Can a moderator remove this/merge it?

So is Fig the new Patreon is the new Kickstarter?

Way ahead of you. And yes, all must give. Give 'til it hurts.

I ordered!

I didn’t give during the early access period because the website requires me to find my credit card information. I’m lazy like that. Plus there’s the danger of being seen by the wife. “Why are you carrying your wallet upstairs?” “No reason, I just wanted to admire the stitching that’s coming apart over time”.

What are you, twelve? Do you have an allowance? You could, you know, talk to your wife about it. gasp

OH and thank you to everyone who’s pledged!!!

Thank you for the merge, @stusser!

And explain how games are made, and that I’m pledging for one that probably won’t be out for years? Er…, no thanks.

Pledged! Woohoo! I hope it makes its goal soon.

I can relate to @Rock8man’s difficulties, my wife rolls her eyes at me if she sees my whip out a credit card when I’m at the computer.

So you pledged behind your wife’s back?!