Stargate 200th episode tonight

Oh, hell. That guy was such an awesome Villian.

RIP.

He only was in 15 episodes, but his impact was so much greater. He was probably the best representation of what an Evil Overlord should be.

Something new?

Stargate SG-1 is leaving Netflix at the end of the month. So I have taken the time to rewatch the first few seasons until it leaves. I’m about at the end of season 3, and you know what?

The show still rocks. Sure when you are binge watching (for me meaning more than 1 episode a week) you get a bit much ‘here comes RDA doing his sarcastic quip’ moment type where you can see the serialized TV seams. But man the team dynamic and characters are so fun, and they really do use the formula to explore fun ideas. There are some really strong episodes.

And it starts out with good episodes out of the gate, something other series sometimes struggle with. And seasons 2 &3 do some real spectacular work with the meta plot. And it, sometimes, is a lot less obviously ‘near Vancouver forest’.

Seriously, whenever they go visit a planet that is a one off, it is obvious it is Vancouver with a color filter :)

Still give it a few episodes for old times sake. I’m enjoying it.

The season 4 episode Window of Opportunity gets to poke fun at personality quirks while also being one of the most hilarious episodes of the series.

It has been probably 15 years since I last saw it, definitely looking forward to giving it another watch.

Damn it! I had just started watching this again casually and was really enjoying it. There is no way I am going to be able to get through all the seasons by the end of the month though. Why Netflix, WHY?!!

I believe it will still be on Hulu after this.

And who knows, maybe it gets extended. I know DS-9 was supposed to go away a few years ago, but that got extended.

Well, looks like I have another reason to extend my Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+ subscription then! Thank you.

Thankfully I bought the huge box set years ago

Did any catch the Star Gate Table Read, with the AI generated Script?

This is the last episode I watched.

It was just so damn good that I just wanted to savor the memory of it.

Well crap.

On a positive note though…

Also the article has a correction that states that Stargate : Atlantis will remain on Hulu indefinitely, only SG:1 and SG:Universe have departed as of 11/1/21. So maybe I can just watch Atlantis all over again until Amazon adds the MGM catalog to Prime.

So many shows on so many services, why is TV so complicated?!

Sg-1 seems to be one Netflix.

Yeah was supposed to be gone today, but its currently still there.

Can’t find any information or release about renewal, so may be a timing thing. Or there is something else going on. Not sure.

Given the indeterminate nature of the extension of SG-1 on Netflix, I am proceeding apace. I am now beyond the point at which I watched previously, and just watched Season 7, episode 3. And my god did they absolutely nail the kid playing RDA. His mannerisms, cadence, everything are perfect. Makes an episode that could have been terrible great.