Stargate: Universe

I just hope they throw all the Atlantis writers out an airlock while keeping the writers from SG-1. Unless it’s the same people, in which case I don’t know what the hell went wrong with Atlantis …

Except for McCay. That guy was gold. But when the rest of the show is mediocre, one awesome character still can’t save it.

It’s funny how any time Stargate comes up, you have Farscape fans popping out of the woodwork to shit all over it. Stargate killed Farscape, plain and simple, and we’ll never, ever forgive it.

That being said, Farscape Season 3 was some of the greatest television ever created. Season 4 had a slow stretch, when they carried on in the “Uncharted Territories” which they worked up to be way scarier than they actually were. When they got Crichton to Earth, however, it was back on track and ended really strong.

I was actually happy with how Season 4 ended, with the two of them dead. It was such a perfect f-you to Crichton, and fit his character perfectly. I realize it was intended to be a cliffhanger, but as a final moment to the series it was great. Sopranos, eat your heart out.

Peacekeeper Wars… also good, but I don’t think it was necessary. I’m happy they made it though. I cried at the end, like real tears, cuz I knew it was over, and John finally had his peace.

I’m dreading finding out what SGU’s version of the Kazon is going to be.

Eh. Stargate was better when there were boobies.

actually the description sounds more to me like Space:1999, but I’d hate to put a curse on the show by actually saying that…

It sounds like a lot terrible shows. Space: 1999, Lost in Space, Voyager, Gilligan’s Island…

Has there ever been a show with this premise that’s been good?

Hell there are still Dark Angel fans that are pissed at Firefly for “killing” that show.

Sci Fi fans and “rational” does not compute.

WOAH! Considering the number of people IN THIS THREAD who have yet to see series 4, please drop the spoiler.

The ending was amazing and I could have happily left it there. Peacekeeper Wars just felt off, they tried to cram a series worth of material into four episodes and it all just ended up feeling a bit generic.

Damnit, I’m going back and watching them all again!

Yeah, I’ll admit it. Me too. Then again, that’s not the only time that show’s made me tear up, so maybe I’m just a big Farscape fag.

Oh, the memories! Loved Farscape! And I loved Stargate too - even Season 10 when they imported the Farscape characgers into Stargate (essentially). Great fun!

LOL. Gotta love it when you say almost the same thing in a thread twice on the same day.

:-)

Bah sorry for the spoiler. I thought the greatest Sci Fi ever made, 8 years later, was safe for discussion.

If you haven’t seen Farscape yet, what are you waiting for?!

I’m waiting for Netflix to get S4 in stock, actually.

Ditto.

Hey, dwolfe, did you enter a request for it? I should do that.

Yeah, I have a ton of things on ‘saved’ that have never activated. Actually, nothing has ever come off the save list if it isn’t a new release.

I got all enthused :)

So Friday night I recorded both “Ark of Truth” and “Continuum”, the two Stargate:SG1 movies that came out after the series wrapped. SCi-Fi played them as a double feature and included a couple of sneak peek promos for Universe. The promo spots for Universe didn’t give away anything plotwise, but they did show several cast members and give you the general idea that most of the “crew” on this one is involuntarily along for the ride.

As for the two SG:1 movies, they weren’t terrible. “Ark of Truth” wrapped up the Ori plotline, albeit in less than convincing fashion. “Continuum” was better, finally ridding the universe of Baal (my favorite Goa’uld by far) in a convoluted but fun storyline. I wonder what Ben Browder will do next? He really plays that character type very well.

I watched SG:SG-1 and SG:Atlantis, so, hopefully, this one will be good. Because now I’m lacking on SG.

When does this actually start? This Friday?

October.