Starpoint Gemini 3

Hi all! As you may know, we are working on a new game, Starpoint Gemini 3, which is expected to come out this year.

Starpoint Gemini 3 is the long awaited sequel to the Starpoint Gemini 2. It’s an open world, space action, story driven, single player RPG. The game will put you in the seats of captain Jonathan Bold, who is not your typical “let’s-save-the-universe” hero.

We’ve already released the first dev diary which you can check out here.

To clarify the story of the SPG universe, we’ve also made a timeline of events in all Starpoint Gemini games up until this point which you can check out here.

The gameplay video and more dev diaries are coming soon, so definitely keep an eye on them. :)

Have any questions about the game? Don’t hesitate to ask us! :)

Welcome to the Qt3 forums. Will be watching progress on this one. :)

I notice you don’t use the word “strategy” to describe the third game, nor does the Steam dev diary you linked. Are you shifting more deeply into the RPG arena and away from the strategic fleet action of the earlier games?

That is correct. Starpoint Gemini 3 is a different game than its predecessors. It will have a major emphasis on characters, storyline and RPG elements. Though, flying will be the core of the gameplay, as it has always been with SPG games.

There will be, however, two modes to play - campaign and freeroam.

Starpoint Gemini Warlords was series’ spin-off where we focused more on 4x/strategy elements and we plan to return to those in the future.

Looking forward to seeing more about the game. Mind if I ask will this be flying a ship with a crew or will it be more of a fighter/personal craft experience?

Looking forward to seeing more about the game. Mind if I ask will this be flying a ship with a crew or will it be more of a fighter/personal craft experience?

The storyline will lead the player to use a couple of ships, but only one will be under their direct “ownership”. That ship will be heavily customizable and moddable, both visually and functionally. Some parts you upgrade/modify/replace will completely change the abilities and appearance of the ship.

Players will mostly be flying alone with their companion AI, but there’s also room for passengers as well.

Hey guys!

The long awaited second part of our dev diary is finally out! In this part we get a little bit nerdy. We talk in more detail about our proprietary WhaleX engine and how some aspects of the games are improved with it.

Yes, yes, we know, the explosions in SPG Warlords were “meh” to most players, but you’ll be happy to hear that explosions in the upcoming Starpoint Gemini 3 are bigger, visually more appealing and helluvalot stronger!

There’s also some depth added to clouds you find while traveling and lighting improvements. Our world and material editors also got improvements – and are now one!

The best we left for last. We are aware that the control scheme in SPG2 and SPGW was a little bit… clunky. That’s why SPG3 has seen a lot of improvements in the ship control area. Lateral, vertical and backwards longitudinal movement was finally added to the mix, as well as improved camera control.

“But, guys!”, we hear you ask, “When will you show the gameplay?” Soon! Very soon! :)

Check out the full Dev Diary which goes in a lot more details on our Steam page: https://steamcommunity.com/games/977720/announcements/detail/1718594147071469242

Greetings captains!

We just wanted to come here and share our first gameplay trailer for the upcoming Starpoint Gemini 3 with you guys.

You can check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8wAfWZXSMk

More gameplay footage is coming in the upcoming days. We will keep you posted!

We would love to hear your opinion! :)

“It’s gonna be EPIC” just above the Steam icon? Not very subtle, are you? ;)

Also - and forgive me for asking this - but some things in the trailer make me feel like the trailer is at least to some point a jab at Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, and if that’s the case, I don’t really like that approach. Not sure if anyone else would interpret it that way or if I’m overthinking things, but I don’t see where that would possibly be a good thing.

I didn’t get that feeling @rhamorim

Also @LGM_Games you failed to mention your game looks Visually Stunning. :)

Oh, good to know. I wonder how @BrianRubin feels…

I’m sure they’re building up to that.

We’re sorry if you have a feeling we took a jab at Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, but it was definitely not our intention. We think that Double Damage Games are making a pretty cool game! SPG3 has its own path and once both games are finished, some significant differences between RGO and SPG3 will be apparent. We can’t wait to play Rebel Galaxy Outlaw ourselves!

Brian Rubin is the legend of space games and we hope he doesn’t take anything in a negative way. :)

Thank you @lordkosc! Our art department really outdid themselves! :)

Not at all, I’m super excited for both games. :) Thanks for the kind words!

Ok, good to know. Never mind my impressions then - I can be quite the overthinker, really. ;)

No worries! We are always to happy to answer any questions you might have. :)

Hello Captains!

Just wanted to share our newest dev diary with you! In this one we talk more about characters you’ll meet in the game.

The first thing we always get asked is – are there any aliens? To this we can say – yes, there are aliens! Couple of races, in fact. Some will want to take you out on sight, some would rather just have a drink with you. Either way, all of them have a story to tell!

To implement those characters, our proprietary engine WhaleX needed some adjustments. It took us some time to implement the changes, but it was well worth it after we saw our first character come to life! 🙂

Check out our full development diary on the link below. Don’t hesitate to ask us any questions you might have! 🙂

This game showed up on my radar only recently, after the second installment went on sale on the Xbox. Have been having fun with it and I’m happy to see there’s a third entry due this year. Since these are typically the kind of games I like to play on PC I’ll be picking this one up on Steam.

Glad to have you on board with us! :)

Yeah, I saw the Xbox sale going on too, I was thinking about picking up Warlords (I think I recall @BrianRubin liked that one) but I wasn’t sure how the console port would work out. I generally like “big” games on Xbox, with the big TV and surround sound experience, but not at the expense of compromised controls. Looks like I need to do some homework.