Starpoint Gemini 3

I like all of them, but Warlords is my favorite, yes.

Steam page is up, 5 days till early access starts.

Man, the voice acting and portrait art were so bad in Warlords. Wasn’t that #3?

No it wasn’t. You want bad? Go play Parkan II or Star Wolves. SPGW was oscar-winning by comparison.

Also Warlords is an off-shoot of 2, not a full sequel.

I have Star Wolves 1-3 in my Steam library. :(

As you should! Great games, terrible voice acting.

A million times, this. There’s bad voice acting and then there’s Star Wolves voice acting; it just takes it to a whole new level. It makes me giggle when I play.

I also apparently have Aquanox 1-2 that I forgot about so I am a connoisseur of voice acting.

Sometimes I want to make a video game for no other reason than to write and voice-act all the dialogue… to prove I can do it better than most indies.

As an aside, is it possible to make a successful game that pretty much does nothing but put the developer’s disdain for its playerbase on display?

Hi there! As Brian said, Warlords was the spin-off of Starpoint Gemini 2 and not a direct sequel (even though the story is set after the SPG 2).

Regarding the voice acting, we know it was… Let’s just say not best in our previous games. :) That’s why we teamed up with some professional voice actors this time around, some of which you will surely recognize, and it’s much better in this game than our previous ones.

These games have my favorite type of space combat mechanics. Basically the same as the Homeworld series. (Except you don’t build stuff.)

Please tell me your game is too buggy to be playable when it releases in a few days, sir.

Way too many interesting games coming out right about now, and as a big fan of ALL your previous games, I am extremely conflicted!

Well, since we are releasing the game into early access, bugs are expected. Not too many for the game to be unplayable, hopefully. :)

We will take the community feedback while in early access as with our previous games so your suggestions are always welcome. :)

I got a key this morning! Can’t wait to play! I’ll be streaming tomorrow afternoon and Friday morning, Pacific time.

The first hour or so had me laughing out loud, which I wasn’t expecting. The humour is much appreciated. The character modelling/animation is ropey, the gamepad controls don’t seem to work 100%, and I’m not convinced crawling around a derelict is fun, but it shows great potential. More fun for me than Rebel Galaxy Outlaw (heresy, I guess, but anyway).

The story is so batcrap and I kinda love it for that.

BETA!

People go revisit and let us know how it is. :)

I just cant get over how much of a prick we are playing here. Also - the character models are - not pretty.