Starsector: Best space combat 13 years in the making - 0.96 out (2023 update)

Wow, if that gif is created by flying a ship manually with a gamepad, that could be incredibly fun, trying to line up a shot on the rear of the ship.

Is gamepad support in the cards?

I was waiting to get really angry, but this delivers.

Yes, a screenshot and some news is a forgivable reason to bump this thread. Otherwise my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

Also that AI did that very smoothly, probably better than I could do myself!

I realize with every additional post the next person who sees the thread count updated will be increasingly hyped, and here I am adding to their disappointment. šŸ˜¢

No itā€™s fine to react to some actual good news OH I DID IT AGAIN

This is one of the great things about Starfarersector: although it has some exploitable flaws, the ship AI generally is a much better pilot than I am.

Iā€™m happy to say that this thread bump coincides with the release of 0.95a.

Yesterday he was compiling release candidates, but given the glacial pace of development, my guess was a 3 day wait.

Oh well, here it is!

Getting so close to 1.0 !

#believe2029

Iā€™m not re-installing until we get 0.95m. Then itā€™ll be ready.

Well what do you know, a legit bump on this thread. Time for a new campaign.

I donā€™t understand the naming of the releases.

0.8.1a released 6/3/2017
0.9a released 11/16/18
.9.1a released 5/10/2019
.95a released 3/26/2021

Were there other releases in between?

The first number changes for a major patch (though 0.9 ā†’ 0.95 was done because we had to fit in a major pass between 0.9 and 1.0).

The second number, .1, does larger balance changes/fixes and is generally done once after everyoneā€™s had a go at a major patch for a while. Thousands of people always find stuff that we missed in testing.

The trailing letter is for iterating critical hotfixes of actual errors/crashes.

I failed by 25 days.

This is common in software versioning - he likely had internal builds that weā€™ll never see.

And the people rejoiced!

So, where are the settings to scale the UI? I donā€™t see them anywhere. They arenā€™t in the in-game settings and I even looked in the settings config file and didnā€™t see anything. Anyone figure it out yet?

You can blame the delay on COVID and say you were right. :)

In the launcher, click the ā€˜optionsā€™ button under ā€œPlay Starsectorā€ for UI scaling options.

(Just donā€™t mess with the memory settings there - certain PC users are getting some visual errors if those are changed from automatic/default.)

Iā€™m seeing tons of new missions everywhere, especially pirate missions. Guess im doing a pirate run this time around.

Wonder why it recommends turning AA off?