Starship Troopers: Terran Command

Oh maaaan! I’m soooooo in! Strategy game by the order of battle folks, AND those graphics! They soooo made this for me!

The true sequel the movie always deserved.

Anyone here ever play the Avalon Hill boardgame from the 70’s/80’s? (can’t remember which decade)

i did - all i can remember is MIA/KIA or some such. Loved it though, I recall.

Yes i loved that game despite having to use graph paper as the bugs. The inclusion of the skinnys in the campaign made me feel like i was playing the book!

I owned it along with Blitzkrieg and a bunch of others. Even had that outdoor survival game. The one thing that stands out was having a tactical nuke. Also, I think there was a hidden movement system on a paper hex pad but I might be mixing things up. Brings back the memories.

Bet this will be quite buggy on release.

groan!!! lol

Oh hell yeah. Played the hell out of it. Still have it too. That game should be made into a PC game, and I mean point for point, no messing with the quality.

just got an email from Slitherine games. Steam demo will be out October 1st! Oops, that’s today!

https://www.slitherine.com/game/starship-troopers-terran-command

Somebody should take one for the team…

Looks like the troops are not in Armor like in the book, but more like the movies that couldn’t afford to put them in Armor because of budget constraints.

Why?

reminds me to play more Infested Terran Planet

Oh man, a fully armored Starship Troopers game would be the best. I remember picking up a copy of the book from the library as a kid and just being enamored with that opening assault. Of course then the book gets info full-on lecture mode and I was all {{SNORE}} but it was good while it lasted.

I was already in college by the time I read it, so the lecture stuff in the classroom was more interesting to me than the combat.

The demo’s only a 4 gig download. It’s pretty much what you’d expect - a slightly low budget rendition of the infantry scenes from the movie, done as RTS/Tower Defence. I like the basic idea of controlling a map, taking over resource and reinforcement points (radio towers) and eliminating enemy spawns (bug hives) so that outweighs the slightly basic presentation for me. Might well pick up, but no release date yet.

It says release date 31 march 2022 on steam.

So it does… I think something I read in the demo said they didn’t know yet.

Before I knew the book or the movie, this was my frame of reference for Starship Troopers:

Now that’s power armor!

-Tom

This reminded me of the old starship trooper game. Atleast it had powerarmors!

As I stated above, I still have that game. Running low on underground mapping sheets. Unit counters in several film cannisters. Loved it.