State of Decay 2 - Time is your worst enemy

In about forty hours of play, I’ve seen two of those.

-Pollyanna

I effin LOL’d at this, can’t lie. “Schrodinger’s Zombie Door”, innit? It like the guard rails is unspeakably lazy programming. The first game’s doors closed and showed them as closed automatically. This time they just “nah, fuck it, just put the open / close icon on it anyways, it’s time for my coffee break. Ship it!”

aim your ranged weapon before using thrown item. The tutorial teaches this fwiw.

aim your ranged weapon before using thrown item. The tutorial teaches this fwiw.

I was doing this. That’s why the circle is there; I had no gun at the time.

Also, the first patch was just released!

Let us know whether it fixes most of the issues? A few of us are still on the fence with this one.

Welp, there goes my weekend…

From the notes:

Patch 1.2 Highlighted Changes
The 1.2 patch features significant improvements related to:
Increased stability
Improved networking interactions for clients
Improved networked vehicle interactions
Elimination of Out Of Memory crashes

Patch 1.2 Highlights
Gameplay
Grenades no longer get stuck and explode in front of client character’s face or behind their head while throwing
Fixed instances of clients dealing damage to their host’s non-active community members with explosives
Flashlight beams no longer cast shadows from the player’s character model (which had caused flickering shadows)
Characters no longer “self-shadow” when using a flashlight in multiplayer
Fixed issue with doors appearing the opposite of the state they are in
Resolved situation where, when getting into vehicles, the camera could become detached from the player’s character
Fixed issue where, when clients swap weapons while in vehicles, the weapons do not swap upon exit from vehicle
Fixed rare bug that could prevent Warlord legacy arc from being completed
Fixed rare bug that could block Sheriff legacy arc from starting
Fixed issue where player’s loot sometimes becomes invisible until their entire backpack is deposited into a Supply Locker

Networking and Multiplayer
Numerous networking bandwidth and CPU improvements
Game now exits to main menu faster when a client loses their internet connection, so players will no longer hang after dismissing the pop-up
Improved network vehicle interactions in multiplayer games to address weird “rubber-banding” and physics issues (including cars flying into the air).
Host facilities no longer appear invisible to clients during multiplayer

Zombie and Character Behavior
Zombies no longer become immune to the Assault Kick
Reduction of step height to prevent survivors popping up onto props while moving

HUD
Fixed issue with player HUD disappearing after NPCs are executed by zombies
Community advice list no longer shows up under vignette on the map

Environment and Collision
Fixed numerous collision spots across all 3 maps where players or vehicles were getting stuck
Fixed numerous collision spots across all 3 maps where players were getting stuck in an infinite freefall animation loop
Elimination of white line that appears when driving at night time
Addressed a variety of spots in world where player was not able to climb over props they should’ve been able to
Additional polish and reduction of LOD popping
Additional lighting tuning passes, reduction in glowing props

Other Fixes
Addressed a variety of general crash bugs
Updated a number of strings that were previously hardcoded in English
Audio mix optimizations

-Tom

I don’t know if my version has been updated or not, and I’m not at my console, but this cropped up early this morning. There’s a new (beneficial) bug on my Xbox version, you can stop pressing the sprint button and continue sprinting, but your stamina meter will refill and reset (instead of continually draining) while you’re stuck in sprint mode.

Hmm, I can’t seem to figure out how to get the update. Thanks, Microsoft! Also, I don’t see anything in the list about the AWOL companion issue, which is the only major issue that I’ve experienced.

-Tom

If you are on PC you have to launch Windows 10 store and go to the State of Decay app, it will auto-update after that. More Microsoft jank! But that is a damn impressive patch list I have to say. I may even cancel my uh, cancellation? And give this another go, looks like they were highly on top of the major issues. If you are on Xbox then I presume it autopatches in XBL.

p.s. Patch is ginormous btw. It is basically the entire game d/l again which I suppose isn’t surprising given the massive change log. It is showing +10 GIG on my d/l.

Jesus, you have got to be fucking kidding me. I never would have figured that out in a million years, and since Microsoft is pretty much irrelevant to videogaming, I never would have gone onto their Windows store. Ugh.

-Tom

And the download keeps hanging. I’m now holding at 52MBs downloaded. Only 19.95GBs to go!

-Tom

I fucking hate trying install a game on Windows 10. Holy shit this ridiculously complicated and now it is hanging on in the Windows store.

Hey this is why i uninstalled Age of Empires Remastered! It just hung and refused to download after i uninstalled it and tried reinstalling it to fix it not syncing with Xbox Live (and thereby not being able to play).

Well, the good news is this. In typical MS fashion, the new game comes with complimentary LSD on launch. My base, my castle, was pretty awesome don’t get me wrong.

But when I logged in it became REALLY awesome because my character was tripping balls. LOL. A little “graphics upgrade” apparently. Going to reboot and nuke my config file I guess but you really have to be impressed because it is rare to see this jank level these days. Takes me back to the 90s… :-)

For a second, I really thought it was a christmas tree! Too bad zooming in doesn’t carry the same magic.

What kind of prizes can you win at those booths? Are the games rigged? And if I win the unicorn, just how fluffy is it?

-Tom

It’s so fluffy, that you will die.

Holy cats, even the goddamn patching process is fux0r3d. What is this shit?

(Then the speed stat goes away)

I had to pause and restart mine to make it go again. It’s… well, it’s Microsoft.