State of Decay 2 - Time is your worst enemy

NIce! The first one was my favorite game for a LONG long time - I really hope they just expanded on it, and made the bases even interesting.

Welp… no Steam or GOG no sale.

Never forget GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE.

There’s always Xbox! No, I’m serious, those are totally a thing.

Phfff , consoles.

I know, they’re remarkable devices! Good for all kinds of console-y things.

MS can lick me where I pee

As mentioned above, I still remember the GFWL balls-up. Steam, GoG, or I’ll just fuckin war3z the thing, Microsoft.

Am I seeing things or does the town in State of Decay 2 look a hell of a lot like the town in State of Decay 1? I mean, that bit in the trailer where they show the church being used as a base is exactly the same location as the first game. Also, several other locations in the trailer look the same or very similar to locations in the first game. Please tell me they’re not charging us $30 to play through the same story again?

It’s also a Play Anywhere title. Get it on one platform and own/ play or on both with players on both systems. More co-op fun.

You guys can keep being all bitter about the Windows Store. But I think Play Anywhere is awesome.

Maybe Zombie Labs is going full meta, and Trumble Valley is actually The Village after the zombie apocalypse.

Be seeing you

I bought ReCore (an underrated, albeit not amazing game) on windows store. Terrible experience, lots of bugs, zero feedback for anything from the application or store. ABSOLUTELY ZERO CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

I was/am looking forward to this game, but i’m not sure i am looking forward to it enough to use the shitty windows store again. Uplay/origin/etc might not be as good as steam, but at least they are in the same league and i feel i can use them, if begrudgingly.

Admittedly, GFWL was an all time horror show.

However, I’ve only bought one title on the MS store, Sea of Thieves. I also have Minecraft for Win 10 (free). Sea of Thieves is in beta, but has worked great, and I’ve never had any issues w/ (sparsely used) Minecraft. I won’t be hesitant to buy from the Windows Store. It’s on the dev to patch the game, as long as MS doesn’t present obstacles for them. At least in the case of Sea of Thieves as it marches through Beta, Rare has been been issuing updates and patches just fine.

I used to get in a huff if a game wasn’t on Steam. That was back when Valve was a game developer and garnered a lot of my good will. Now that they’re an e-tailer and virtual hat reseller, I couldn’t care less about Steam. Every game dev can build their own distribution platform. It doesn’t matter to me as long as the game works.

I’ve pretty much arrived at the same conclusion.

ReCore launched nearly two years ago. Sea of Thieves has open betas going on each weekend.

Objectively, by looking at the data since I work on the product, I know that the Microsoft Store for Sea of Thieves is literally orders of magnitude more reliable than it was when ReCore came out.

The store fully supports refunds for any reason whether you have a problem downloading it or simply because you don’t like the game, so if you’re willing to give it another shot you might find that it “just works” these days.

This game looks like a retread with coop added. Graphics look EXACTLY the same as SoD 1. Whats up with this!!! They were supposed to make a huge ass sequel but instead we are getting a fuking DLC Win10 store game?!? Damn pisses me off. Who gets the blame… MS for being cheap or Undead Labs for being lazy?!? Or maybe the game rocks and I’m being too cynical. I HOPE I AM WRONG I REALLY WANT THIS GAME TO BE GREAT!

Wait, is this the same lazy retread they already released as ‘Year One Survival Edition’, with co-op added? Or a new lazy retread? :)

Awesome. Preemptive complaints about micro transactions, about it being a lazy retread. Considering gaming is your hobby, you guys are a critically jaded bunch.

Undead Labs has revealed that the survival horror sequel State of Decay 2 will launch with three maps, each around the same size as the map from the original game.

In a blog post, community director Sanya Weathers explained that each map will feature different landmarks, layouts, and environments. These will play into varying strategies and mission types that compliment the area.

“It really feels like you’re moving from one small town to another,” Weathers says, "and creates a tremendous sense of immersion.

Apparently, IGN will have more info on gameplay tomorrow.

Between the new maps and the co-op, which should be a lot of fun, we’ll see how much of a retread it can be.

Love this reference to a rather brilliant show, first time I watched this on PBS all those years ago it was like being in on a secret.

I won’t watch it, but it’d be interesting if, for once, a trailer wouldn’t spoil the totality of what is is trying to promote.

Agreed, but it is kind of a realistic paranoia these days given how truly toxic micro transactions have become in recent games.

Thankfully, supposedly one of the people involved with the game confirmed no micro transactions in some random forum post.

Still, the game being $30 worries me a lot. Whenever I see a game for less than $60, i have to ask why. Is the game not worth $60? Is the money supplemented by micro transactions?