State of Decay 2 - Time is your worst enemy

Wait, is that supposed to be a viable option? You can survive the zombie apocalypse without killing any zombies? Bub would approve.

Yes. Downloaded it this morning.

I’d be extremely surprised if pacifist were viable. Not least because you have to clear the plague nests. The gate thing could just be a bug though. I seem to recall reading that being one of them.

Pacifist zombie game? What is this insanity?

That is the weirdest criticism i’ve heard of the game…

Now I know how you guys felt when you scoffed at my Fallout4 dislike. U R DOING IT WRONG

The install via Windows Store (via GamePass) went smoothly. Even let me pick which drive to install it on. And download was fast! What the heck is going on?

I don’t think the areas being depleted is really as bad as it may seem at first since you can always move to another region if you pick your current one dry. I don’t think it should ever truly be self sustainable which it would be if outposts gave more.

Most of the rest of your comments I definitely agree with.

The motion blur/post-processing really sucks and I turned it off as the first thing.

Various graphic tweaks linked from RPS.

So this MS gamepass thing… There’s a 2 week trial. Does that mean I could pick it up, rattle through Gears 4 and this then cancel it with a jaunty wave?

That’s exactly what it means.

Well it seems the universe is a warm and benevolent place.

I must be missing something obvious. Friends of mine and I are trying to invite each other into our games on PC, but while it says the invite was sent, no one seems to see it on their end. Any ideas?

You missed last week’s 1 month of GamePass for $1

The universe is brutal and uncaring.

2/3 of the way through. This game has a lot of bugs. I haven’t gotten a hard crash yet, but I have seen the disappearing HUD, glitches doors, wacky physics, and a ton of co-op errors like not being able to see stuff my partner was doing. Some of this is normal open-world goofiness, but some of it seems like the result of rushing to get this out.

I really like the combat and resource management aspects of the game. The bugginess is quite bad though. I think this could’ve used some more time in the oven. I’m curious to see what patching does for it.

Any word if they plan to fix the lighting issues at night when they add in the motion blur toggle or anything?

I heard those are coming in the next major revision, along with zombie companions and romance options.

You can edit ini files for the motion blur. Lord knows I did.

I’m on Xbox so I have to wait for the patch. If my PC could run it I might try it there, but I probably won’t upgrade till next year unless some new must-have PC-only game comes out soon.