Steam Game Festival

Cryptmaster (linked a couple of posts up) is pretty awesome. It’s like Typing of the Dead meets Grimrock meets Tales of the Crypt. Super unique, highly polished, humorous and fun. One of my favorite demos I played this time around.

Indika is a third-person adventure game about a nun in a steampunk alt-history Russia. It seems pretty compelling–shades of A Plague Tale–with great atmospheric and surprisingly good voice acting. The script has some translation issues, but I put this one on my wishlist.

Hollowbody is an old-school forced perspective Resident Evil-like. It seems well done with good voice acting and nice tension building, but feels cliche to me and the forced perspective camera is just frustrating to my modern gameplay sensibilities. Not for me.

Albatroz. Well, wow, Albatroz is exactly what I’ve been looking for in a video game for awhile now. It is stunningly gorgeous and is just about traversing a landscape following a map or series of directions. There are some light survival elements that you can dial up or down as you wish. The soundtrack is great, the voice acting is great, and it’s got the twee feel of Life is Strange. The interface is a bit clunky (I couldn’t invert look, for instance) and there were points where I got stuck on the scenery or didn’t know what to do next, but Do Want!