Steam gift pile

Cool, thank you!

Most or all of the sale achievements are new and were specifically added to games for this event. It’s not surprising that not many people have an achievement that’s less than a week old.

Apparently you can get a save file and get the achievement in seconds for psychonauts, will post that link later if nobody else has before i get home…

This lists what is believed to be all of the upcoming challenges and hints on solving it.

THIS post details the Psychonauts save file I’m about to try to get the cheevo.

Ah nothing but coal for me today. Karma for cheating at Psychonauts by using someone else’s save. (I actually still had my old saves, but apparently they’re all at a point beyond where you can return to the camp.)

That list of achievements would seem to indicate that Bastion, Shogun 2 and Game of Thrones will all be daily specials at some point. Very good news for my wishlist and my wallet indeed.

Be aware that the list is a guess. For instance they missed the AI War achievement. That achievement is kinda trolling btw. You really need to be a veteran of the game to get that one (or cheat.) You can’t play it for just an hour or so like most of the others.

Some people sure are taking this gift pile stuff seriously…

A friend of a friend’s updates:

accountname is now friends with accountname24, accountname23, accountname22, accountname21, accountname20, accountname19, accountname18, accountname17, accountname16, accountname15, accountname14, accountname13, accountname12, accountname10, accountname11, accountname8, accountname9 and accountname6

It requires you to only have pyrokinesis (which is earned relatively early), but having invisibility also helps. Just sneak up to a bird and a squirrel and roast them when they’re targeted!

I guess that’s to be expected. Offer a hand and they eat your arm…

Edit: Now I remember why I hate Tapatalk…

That’s not taking it seriously… apparently some folks figured out that if you made a new account and registered any retail game (like, say, a $0.01 steam key for the humble indy bundle 4) you could take random shots at getting a free game from the initial gift, so that’s likely what’s being seen.

I thought the initial gift was always a Valve coupon.

Mine was Half-Life.

I just bought the Humble Indie Bundle #4 mainly to get several of the games routinely featured in the Steam Sale achievements. Since I paid more than the average I also got Cave Story and Gratuitous Space Battles free, as well as several games from Humble Indie Bundle #3 as a bonus.

This was a fantastic deal, as now I can rack up a half dozen or more achievements and possibly score another couple of free games. The gift that keeps on giving!

LINK FIXED

That link should be www.humblebundle.com. Your link goes to a squatter site.

Sorry, was in a hurry and typed out the whole thing instead of just humblebundle. Fixed.

Anyone (like me) who hadn’t taken advantage of the indie bundles to date should note that the games all register on Steam, which means tickets/gifts/spacebucks during the Steam Sales since they seem to feature indie games prominantly in their daily achievement tasks.

The achievement for swords and soldiers HD took about 5 minutes to get but I got a lump of coal as the gift which is probably a fair reward for the amount of effort.

The odds of winning one of the four “Epic Holiday Giveaway” prizes is so minute that it’s not worth possessing more than one piece of coal (unless you’re looking to combine seven of them). Like a state lottery, each additional ticket increases your chance by a nearly invisible amount. So I’d readily trade away all but one. The Steam community has decided on $1.50 per piece, but you may be able to wrangle some favored coupons or even a game.

Unfortunately, Steam’s official trading sub-forum is a firehose right now, with everyone posting the contents of their inventory regardless of its value, in the hopes that someone might see something they like. As a result, posts drop off the front page in less than two minutes. It’s like a swap meet on crack.

Arg, another useless coupon (50% off left 4 dead 2.)

$1.50 per lump of coal is too high. Chances of a useless coupon are too great.

I wish you could convert gifts to coal.

Are people really buying them for that much??

When I looked they were 40 cents each and that seemed too expensive with all the useless coupons crafting gets…

edit: Nevermind! I checked the Spiral Knights forums and kids there are offering 300 CE ($1). They always try to rip each other off, so I guess folks really are doing $1.50-$2 o_O