Steam Halloween Sale Starts Today

I had no idea this was coming, somehow? But I got an email that … like, all my wishlisted games were on sale, and it looks like that’s why. Today through Thursday.

I put a quickie mention in the Bargain thread last week, but yeah, kind of stealthed up on this one.

In case this helps anyone, another sale is coming around Thanksgiving, and then the Winter/holiday sale. Flash deals may (it’s only rumors) be brought back for the Winter sale.

my gut tells me alot of prices seen now for this sale, will be the same for fall sale and christmas sale…at least for the big titles imho

DOS 2 for 30 bucks is a steal for instance

They are supposed to be doing flash sales again for the xmas sale, so that would be a real change.

That would be cool. I was one that was relieved when they went away, as it meant not having to feel like checking the current flash sales three times a day nor having to hold off on a sale price for a game I actively wanted “just in case it makes it to a flash price later”, but I miss them and they did make the sales more exciting.

Oh, no doubt. But there may be some games and especially early access titles that didn’t opt in on this sale that will hit a decent discount by Christmas.

I don’t miss the 8-hour flash sales (as you say, checking three times a day got old fast), but I’d love to have the daily sales back, as that window still leaves some room for excitement and discussion, but is a lot easier to keep on top of.

6 items on my wishlist are on sale. But they’re crappy discounts. And they’re games I kinda want, but not WANT want. At least not for those prices.

I’m spoiled rotten.

Ah, so that’s why I just got an email telling me 25 items from my wish list are on sale.

i havent heard anything about flash sales.

With the Thanksgiving and then Winter (Xmas) sales just around the corner…both on Steam and on other digital retailers, it’s probably not worth buying anything during this event that you’re not absolutely sure you will play in the next 30 days.

It’s not that the prices are certain to be lower in the upcoming sales, but rather that the prices could be lower, and at the very least will be the same discount they are now. So why not wait unless you’re looking to buy something to play immediately?

I have too many games and a new PS4 with like 4 games on that now to play.

So lets buy moar steam games! :D

I would play Rimworld and Factorio, but they’ve been overlooked this sale. Once they’re priced appropriately I’ll transfer them from my wishlist to my Library.

Good luck with that!

THANKS!

I obviously have my hands full with RDR, but I was hoping that The Evil Within 2 would be on sale. Nope. :( Rimworld isn’t either. I wanted to buy my daughter a copy. :(

Life is hard.

Rimworld dev has pretty publicly stated they won’t be doing sales and if anything will be raising the price over time (nevermind, I see Early Access is over). Which means I won’t be looking into the game, but clearly it’s working for them.

If the base price of that game was $25 instead of $35 would you also still skip it for lack of a sale? Is it the idea of paying for full price, even if full price is $10, what gives you pause?

I think it’s well worth the 35. I already own it and wanted to gift my daughter a copy. That then becomes a difficult price to swallow. I just saw the The Evil Within 2 is 50% off on GMG. Should i spend the money? No… Will I spend the money? Probably. So weak… So so weak.

The sheer abundance of high quality games that are on sale, or that I already own. It’s rare that I’m spending more than $20 on a game these days and that’s reserved for titles I’ve been pursuing for a while (latest example, God of War for ~$35 and likely Spiderman for whatever it goes for on Black Friday).

Basically, if I think that the game will hit my price threshold then I’ll start to look into it, and maybe even pay more than I’d originally expected. If the developer is up front about no sales, again, that’s fine but I won’t be doing the research.