Steam Halloween Sale Starts Today

I do! However, I’d watch a video or two first, just to make sure ;)

Yeah Jason said it better than me. @Fenris99

OK guys. I’ll take a look. Thanks so much for the input, much appreciated.

OOOwww, they must be soooo much better than every other game ever made. How completely original, cool, and “edgy” they must be. Marketing ploy fail, in my opinion, and so much so that I will never, EVER buy ANY of their games. Congrats! ?

I am shocked to say , I bought no PC games during the sale! D:

Picked up The Red Strings Club and Jurassic World Evolution, though I doubt I’ll be playing either of them for a while.

It really isn’t a “marketing ploy”, simply their pricing strategy. It was Early Access and it had a lower price point during the EA. It seems to have been working for them.

Now that it is 1.0 and out of Early Access, the price has increased - we’ll see if they change their strategy in the future.

I think it makes more sense to have lower prices during EA since that is when it is more risky for the consumer.

I think I might pass for now. I just watched a video where someone took 20 minutes to create a working airlock. I think that level of detail might be too much for me.

I enjoyed Planet Nomads but I think that’s about my limit in terms of how granular a crafting game I can manage.

I’m still willing to be convinced if you think it’s that good.

I definitely think they game is ‘involved’ to a high level of detail, and you have to enjoy that. It is not a light fare.the dev does not hide that fact.

Save this sort of pose for the steam game forums. ;)

“pose”? Ok, will do, friend. Kind of thinking you’ve got things reversed, but whatever you say, man.

I’ve got no dog in this hunt, I was just referring to the fact your response is the same exact type that shows up in the steam forum every day for Rimworld.

Don’t take it personally that a one man developer sold over a million copies at 30 bucks a pop in EA and therefore doesn’t feel the need to put his game on sale.

You’ve got plenty of other options if your main criteria for buying a game is the willingness of the developer to put it on sale. ;)

Then we agree. Thanks.

Finally, I can pick up Space Beast Terror Fright on sale for a decent discount. That game looks like a hidden gem. That name though…