Steam Lunar Sale 2021

This is worth stressing. Most games with tactical combat get so repetitive so fast for me as it feels like the same thing over and over. The battles in this game are consistently interesting and challenging. Let your guard down in any battle and you run the risk of a wipe or at least an injury to one of your characters.

Gonna sleep on it, but I think I am going with these tomorrow:

Don’t buy the Anno 1800 DLC just for the crap of putting it on Steam and then pulling it for good. Plus 3 years??? Ugh.

I am locked in, got the base game and the previous 2 passes there.

My confirmed haul for the sale is A-Train PC Classic and the latest western release version of A-Train 9 (upgrading from v3.0). And then thanks to the ‘Railway History Bundle’ essentially had A-Train 8 thrown in for free, once you compare the cost of buying individually to the cost of the bundle.

lunarsalehaul

So, it turns out 66% off was my threshold for taking the plunge finally.

My haul (so far):

Trials of Fire
Bought this because of this post in the Weekend Gaming Update thread:

I already own Gunfire Reborn, and it is a gem, so I assumed I’d like a game liked by someone who also likes Gunfire Reborn.

WRATH: Aeon of Ruin

I’ve been waiting for this game to hit 1.0 (or maybe drop to $1 or something, who knows). But this post pushed me over the edge.

Even though Scharmers doesn’t appear to be much of an Amid Evil fan, a game that I like even more than DUSK, I trust that WRATH will deliver the goods.

Urban Cards & The Solitaire Conspiracy:
I don’t remember why these got added to my wishlist, but they were on sale for a good price.

I don’t know if I’ll pick anything else up before the sale ends in a couple hours, but if I see something I need I will probably grab it.

Amending this to add Gunfire Reborn and Valheim. Hey, sometimes I go with the flow. ;)

Ok, you all convinced me on Gunfire Reborn. The other two were at an “if I’m not buying it now, why is it on my wishlist?” price so I picked them up.

Last minute temptation for me:

I might get it. And bought!

D:

I picked up a few treats, but nothing major.

Command and Conquer Remastered so I’ll stop looking at it and thinking “maybe…”. Annoying of me. I just pulled the trigger, now I’ll get to scratch that itch and and call it good. For ten bucks.

I just this morning grabbed Stars in Shadow, a very good looking 4X space game that @rhamorim posted a link on Twitter to a review about that got me interested, so I watched some footage and figure, at $7.50 for the game and DLC, why not? So that’s something I’ll try at some point.

And not on sale, but I pulled the trigger on the Warhammer 3 pre-order. Nothing on my Wishlist looked like a better investment.

This was my sole purchase of the sale and I got it for the exact same reason. It looked like a good sale but I have too much stuff to play and too little time to play it right now.

I just picked up Moss because the whole VR thing is still pretty exciting to me. I also picked up In Death: Unchained from the Oculus store during their Lunar Sale.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

I passed on everything this year. I barely touched the stuff from the last sale and adding to the backlog didn’t seem prudent.

Yeah, I think I turned a bit of a corner, didn’t buy a single thing, looked at my backlog, how just the Humble Bundle and Epic free stuff is adding to it faster than I can play, didn’t care how great the discounts are.

I don’t remember if Steam had a Lunar New Year sale in 2022, but it looks like they aren’t having one in 2023. Though some publishers on Steam appeared to have their own mini-sales.

What gives? Was this year’s Lunar New Year too close to their winter holiday sale?

Yup, it’s being replaced with a Spring Sale in March.

Ampersat is an excellent little roguelike for $5~

That perfectly answers that question – thanks!