Steam Lunar Sale 2021

I can not work out the logic with Stardock’s steam page. Offworld Trading Company as an example: The individual DLC isn’t on sale. The Offworld Trading Company Core Edition package is cheaper than even the paid DLC available (AUD $19.32 for core edition vs AUD $21.50 for Jupiters Forge DLC alone). For someone that owns Offworld Trading Company already and not the DLC, it’s $2 off for a DLC and then a product I already own.

The same can be said for Gal Civ III. AUD $19.36 for Gal Civ 3 plus bundled DLC (Mega Events, Crusade, Retribution) but the DLC alone costs more.

Point is, I’ve noticed this the last few sales, and it would be nice if Stardock could look at how things are being bundled. Short from the all or nothing affair they do provide, it would be good if Stardock offered a “complete your collection” option as well.

I’m facing the same silly pricing with Ashes of the Singularity. Own the base game, want the DLC, the later cost more!

Isn’t that automatic with Steam now? Just put whole bundle in cart ,and they take out the things you already have.

Not quite.

Going back to the Offworld Trading Company example:

I can buy the Core Edition. But it will not include an extra copy (to give away) of Offworld Trading Company. Basically the package for me will only be the Jupiters Forge DLC.

I can buy the “Ultimate Edition” that includes everything at discount. But I can only purchase as a gift because I already own the base game.

It’s ridiculous. I’ll tag @Island_Dog in the hopes that someone at Stardock might take notice.

And I’m guessing @AK_Icebear will be in the same situation with Ashes where owning the base game and wanting to expand is worse than not owning the game at all.

I got the SoulCalibur VI Season Pass 2 and… that’s it.

there might be season 3 info on that real soon. Maybe. Japanese fighting game developers conference in a couple of weeks.

Apparently this was shot down now too.

SEGA Mega Drive and Genesis Classics (emulator plus ~50 games) is marked down 90% to $7.72

I grabbed it yesterday. The 3D ‘wrapper’ (a pretend room with a Genesis in it) is a bit silly but I think you can skip it. The emulation itself is rock solid as far as I can tell.

I can’t believe it’s only $8 right now. I feel like a broken record in recommending this game, but it’s one of the most surprisingly excellent games I’ve played in a long time. That and Shadow Empire have blown me away but Trials of Fire is nothing like Shadow Empire and I feel like I can pretty much recommend it without caveat. Even for the people who want to wait for 1.0, eight freaking dollars means you should pick it up now.

Absolutely echoing this. Trials of Fire is stupidly good value for enjoyment, challenge and longevity. One of the best tactical combat systems, and most innovative, I have ever played.

This is worth stressing. Most games with tactical combat get so repetitive so fast for me as it feels like the same thing over and over. The battles in this game are consistently interesting and challenging. Let your guard down in any battle and you run the risk of a wipe or at least an injury to one of your characters.

Gonna sleep on it, but I think I am going with these tomorrow:

Don’t buy the Anno 1800 DLC just for the crap of putting it on Steam and then pulling it for good. Plus 3 years??? Ugh.

I am locked in, got the base game and the previous 2 passes there.

My confirmed haul for the sale is A-Train PC Classic and the latest western release version of A-Train 9 (upgrading from v3.0). And then thanks to the ‘Railway History Bundle’ essentially had A-Train 8 thrown in for free, once you compare the cost of buying individually to the cost of the bundle.

lunarsalehaul

So, it turns out 66% off was my threshold for taking the plunge finally.

My haul (so far):

Trials of Fire
Bought this because of this post in the Weekend Gaming Update thread:

I already own Gunfire Reborn, and it is a gem, so I assumed I’d like a game liked by someone who also likes Gunfire Reborn.

WRATH: Aeon of Ruin

I’ve been waiting for this game to hit 1.0 (or maybe drop to $1 or something, who knows). But this post pushed me over the edge.

Even though Scharmers doesn’t appear to be much of an Amid Evil fan, a game that I like even more than DUSK, I trust that WRATH will deliver the goods.

Urban Cards & The Solitaire Conspiracy:
I don’t remember why these got added to my wishlist, but they were on sale for a good price.

I don’t know if I’ll pick anything else up before the sale ends in a couple hours, but if I see something I need I will probably grab it.

Amending this to add Gunfire Reborn and Valheim. Hey, sometimes I go with the flow. ;)

Ok, you all convinced me on Gunfire Reborn. The other two were at an “if I’m not buying it now, why is it on my wishlist?” price so I picked them up.

Last minute temptation for me:

I might get it. And bought!

D:

I picked up a few treats, but nothing major.

Command and Conquer Remastered so I’ll stop looking at it and thinking “maybe…”. Annoying of me. I just pulled the trigger, now I’ll get to scratch that itch and and call it good. For ten bucks.

I just this morning grabbed Stars in Shadow, a very good looking 4X space game that @rhamorim posted a link on Twitter to a review about that got me interested, so I watched some footage and figure, at $7.50 for the game and DLC, why not? So that’s something I’ll try at some point.

And not on sale, but I pulled the trigger on the Warhammer 3 pre-order. Nothing on my Wishlist looked like a better investment.

This was my sole purchase of the sale and I got it for the exact same reason. It looked like a good sale but I have too much stuff to play and too little time to play it right now.