Steam numbers

Well, of course, this is the real amount of money given directly to Valve. The digital games bought on Amazon that give you a Steam key aren’t counted here. The same with greenmangaming, gifts, etc.
But Valve itself are giving you the number, I think they should know how much money was, better than an unofficial steam calculator that may not count a bundle, or an old flash sale, or whatever.

Gotta say I feel pretty good about the steam calculator value too. That represents maybe 90% of the games I purchased since 2004 or so.

Screenshot-2018-6-19%20Stusser%20%C2%B7%20Steam%20Calculator%20%C2%B7%2076561197970220392

I mean, 77 out of 608 games played ain’t great. But at least I didn’t pay a lot for all those games I didn’t play!

Hahahahaha yeah

FTFY.

lol, 4924 for me.

and if anyone is feeling awful about it, i hear DS has an app that will convert that into hypothetical spaceship parts for you that’ll make you feel like you just gotta deal…

wait, can i even mention DS here? shit, i heard the third mention you summon him…

Mine is at roughly $2000, or few hundred per year. I’m comfortable with that, given all the other things I spend money on.

What would be more distressing is a calculator of total hours spent on Steam games!

TotalSpend $1,159.44
OldSpend $1,016.89

Higher than I thought it would be. I guess all those little sales purchases over the years really add up.

I’m at just over $5100 total, with $2200 being old spend. However, it states this number doesn’t count anything coming in from external stores that generate a key, and I’ve bought a few things from various bundles as well as many things from GMG so I suspect it’s quite a bit higher than that.

Plus, of course, it doesn’t count Blizzard, uPlay, Origin, or the like and I have a not-inconsiderable amount in there (mostly Origin with stuff like The Sims).

And of course, let’s not forget my PS4, Switch, 3DS, and Vita I’ve had on and off again through the same time period in various incarnations. Some of that I’ve gotten back as I sell systems and games for store credit of course, but it’s nowhere near the amount I spent.

Just noticed that the SteamDB calculator has a second tab that lets you filter which games are counted. You can choose SP or MP etc.

This is worse than the Amazon expenditure thread. At least there I’ve got televisions and stuff for the home.

You say that now, but those TVs will be in the dumpster in a few years, but that library is forever.

If you have a house, I find there is always a spare wall to mount an old-ass TV ;-).

Unless you piss of Steam/Gaben/a sufficiently dedicated hacker.

So I’ve been charting what I’ve spent on Steam (just used my purchases page and copied into a spreadsheet). Haven’t removed anything for gifts (which have always been a significant part), but I noticed something interesting:

ThanksHumble

Add in your Humble sub then :)

Yeah. I am sure my graph has much smaller bars in the last two years. It’s the best deal in videogames.

That’s definitely been my experience too

https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/TylerGlaiel/20180629/321095/Using_achievement_stats_to_estimate_sales_onsteam.php

Estimates lower bound of historical total player count based on brute forcing the lowest common multiple implied by data from the achievements API. Could be easily upgraded to do something way more efficient than brute force, not that it matters that much.