Steam store pages are getting major changes

I hope Steam one day gets more advanced search and filtering. With libraries that reach 1000 games (or more), it would be super nice to have advanced functionality like “filtering games with multiplayer component, and order by release date”, or “filter FPS and order by buy date”. But for that, the first step would be for each game to be correctly labeled in genre, functionality, tags, etc.

This gets you a good deal of the way to what you’re saying:

http://www.lorenzostanco.com/lab/steam/

Only issue I’ve found with it is it seems to do AND on the tags you pick for your library. So if you click the “Couch co-op” and “Couch-multiplayer” tags, you’ll get games that do both, rather than either.

Anyways, I love this site.

That helps, thanks.

Oh.

You can do OR, if you want.

Ooooh, that may be new. It’s been a bit since I used it. Thanks!

Edit: Oh yeah, there’s a lot of new features here… nice!

Edit 2: I’d recommend using tags instead of features, even the ones that match one to one with features. Older games especially do not have the features correct, but someone will have come along and tagged it correctly. Tags end up being pretty damn accurate, in my experience.

New changes coming?

My eyes won’t stop bleeding.

I kind of like it.

All I need is some sort of unified/persistent cart, so if I add items on my phone, they’re also on the site. AMAZON CAN DO IT WHY CAN’T YOU STEAM?! GAWD.

Why is it monochromatic bright green? Surely that isn’t the final design, right.

BIG BLUE BUTTONS!!!

BIG BLUE EVERYTHING!!!

The twitter thread brought up that the image has already been removed by a steam client beta update. Honestly, it looks more like a design mockup or an image from a guide for making skins than an actual UI. I mean, come on, it’s terrible.

It really is. It makes baby Jesus cry.

Maybe it’s an Apple Watch theater mode thing. :P