Steam Stuff - What Has the Digital Distribution Giant Done Lately?

Bummer. Maybe still worth a try I guess.I was able to manipulate menu items in Rayman when my son was streaming it to an Android phone.

Remote play together is supposed to let you do exactly that

Firefox would turn SteamVR on in the background silently as part as some web vr feature that was hard to disable whenever it ran, regardless if the hardware was connected. It might still do this.

Don’t the other players need to have their own Steam accounts and own the game, or am I misunderstanding?

Remote play together has one player running the game and streaming to a second player, whose input is captured but who does not separately run the game.

I don’t know if Steam specifically will work for your particular scenario (I do think it requires a second Steam account? Not sure), but it doesn’t require multiple copies of the game. You might also try Parsec, which is similar but has a bit more in the way of options (including 4 player support to Steam’s 2, not that you probably care).

Curious about the Imperator Rome game talked about in this GOG 2021 thread, I decided to check Steam’s price and read a few Steam reviews to get the people’s opinion. I came across this particular review that has a censored word. is it possible that Steam censors “GOG”? I wonder if they also censor Origin, GMG, or Epic.

censored

Could also be PDS for the Paradox Store. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Steam censored competitor names in their review system.

Another possibility.

I think it’s more likely that the person who reviewed it just censored themselves, but you could try it and see.

I purchase from ass whenever possible too.

One rather annoying thing steam has done lately, is, that I constantly see this…showcasing my absolute lack of willpower in waiting for anything I kinda want :-D

Beat yourself up all you want, but know this: You actually installed and played the game you bought. You’re way ahead of the curve.

Not anymore!

I’ll have to try it, thanks!

How does sound work with that… like I haven’t had a chance to try yet but some co-workers tried Zoom and some other things, and they couldn’t get the games sound to work.

Can anyone help me figure out what’s going on? I got a random trade request for an item in my steam inventory. The item in question is Unknown Package 1931. I believe it is a gift copy of bookworm adventures, but I’m not certain. The game is discontinued, which I guess would make it desirable, but I’m not sure if there’s something I’m missing. Is there some black market for bugged steam gifts don’t know about?

Correct, its Bookworm Adventures Volume 2

https://steamdb.info/sub/1931/

Is anyone having trouble with AugmentedSteam not showing the current best price and historical best price on the game and wishlist pages?

Does anyone here have Steam installed on more than one machine? Are there any issues that I should be aware of? Or is it pretty smooth with no problems?

I have it on 3 machines. No issues to report.