Steam Stuff - What Has the Digital Distribution Giant Done Lately?

Yeah its amazing how he was done and moved on. Stunning.

Do I like Are you being Served? Oh god yes.

u6IT4WK

YGS

Served is on here every Saturday evening. I’m recording all of the shows.

Man, my brain does strange things when I’m not paying attention to it. I of course meant Steam.

You read his comment, right?

Ps does Discourse flag this off-topic gif bombing? 😉

I am just giggling imagining some neural network somewhere using this thread as learning data.

What will we have created? :)

Blackadder is the best. I also miss Rik

Someday you boys will have a … oh nvm, Grrr,

Which movie is this from? I really like these old 70 minutes creature features from the 50s.

It’s been several years since I’ve seen the sci-fi B-movie, The Brain From Planet Arous , but one thing is still clear in my mind: that it features a large disembodied alien brain, a criminal brain, no less, that comes to Earth to control the population with its psychic powers.

The brain, called Gor, seizes control of Steve, a nuclear scientist, who becomes a randy “regular caveman” under the alien’s influence. With Steve as his puppet, Gor blows up an aeroplane in mid-flight (it kind of just pops, like a tiny firecracker), kills a sheriff, and threatens to wipe out entire cities.

Fortunately for the people of Earth, another big brain arrives from planet Arous. This one’s a friendly brain called Vol, who possesses the body of a dog in order to stop Gor from blowing anything else up.

The film concludes with a final, epic battle, in which Steve finally gets to exact his revenge on Gor. Seizing a conveniently located axe, he hacks the evil cerebrum into oblivion. It’s a moment where acting, special effects and excitable music all come together to create one of the most unintentionally funny fight scenes in movie history. In spite of its superior intelligence, the evil brain loses.

Oddly, after everything else he’s seen (exploding aircraft, floating brains), Steve refuses to believe his wife when she tells him that she was helped by a talking dog. “You women and your imaginations,” he says. The sexist swine.

Thanks!