Steam Stuff - What Has the Digital Distribution Giant Done Lately?

How did you…I mean it’s right…it’s a thing you can…I mean it’s…just…what?

It’s legit. I always used to click the play button. Granted we’re only talking saving a fraction of a second but it’s more convenient to double click instead of move the mouse and click again.

Yep, mind blown. That could be handy for playing the same game frequently.

I can’t tell if you’re mocking me for not knowing or questioning why would I want to :-)

Yesss.

There may be a lot of bad games on Steam, but at least it’s nice to see they have some standards:

After sending them numerous E-mails requesting a direct explanation as to why it was deleted, the response we finally got was essentially “(because)we think this novel’s core audience is pedophiles”.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/710370/discussions/0/1499000547482233373/

I’m surprised they haven’t gotten rid of creepy stuff like Daddy’s Girls. NSFW.

That’s 21 per day. That’s almost one per hour. Good luck getting noticed.

That’s freaking insane.

I had a great game, but my release hour ended up being the same as a smash hit. Darn!

Sorry, which game was that?

It was a joke about release week windows.

I was going to make a joke about a space game, but I couldn’t think of a name that wasn’t already a legit game.

OH, whew, good, I was worried I missed a game you released.

Derpspace

By the end of 2018 there will be completely unrelated games launched called Derpspace Empires, Derpspace Frontier, Renegades of Derpspace, Battle for Derpspace, Derpspace Rogues, Rogue Derpspace, Rebel Derpspace…

Don’t forget DerpspaceVoid. So many voids…

What about Derpspace 42?

Quick Steam UI question: Any way to clear Steam of trying to tell me what they think I want? I hate that. I want to load in free and clear of their bots. I’ll be looking over the interface next day or so but I thought I’d ask here.

If you mean the steam application, then it’s in the settings menu under “interface”. It’s worded in an obvious way, it’s not obscured.

I don’t think there’s a way to do that. Their recommendations and pushing what they think you want is a pretty integral part of the Steam storefront.

Yeah, if he means the recommendation engine built into the storefront, then I dunno, browse in incognito mode until you’re ready to buy?