Steam Summer Sale 2014 - Gems / Hot Deals / Take Ma' Money

Shadowrun DLC is 40% off, the cheapest I’ve ever seen it, but not a daily or flash deal or community vote. So holding off for now.

I’ve been doing well playing games from my backlog (mostly just games from the last two winter holiday sales left), so the list of games I’m looking out for is pretty small.

Divinity doesn’t help that though, since that’s one of the alpha games I’ve been waiting on for release. I’ve got an eye on a couple indie games, too.

Which leaves:
Saint’s Row IV
Dominique Pamplemousse
Kairo

I should check to see if my wishlist is current, but most of the stuff I’ve been eyeing is on that. I’ve been waiting to see if Don’t Starve showed up again, and indeed, it’s a daily special. Other than that, the only thing I really want is more gaming time so I can whittle down my backlog.

Xenonaughts is out? When did this happen? Wasn’t that one of those nebulous ‘sometime this decade’ projects? I suppose Summer of 2014 is technically sometime this decade though. Is it the X-Com game everyone was waiting for?

Oooh… I bought the iPad version for $5 and have enjoyed it enough so far to buy the base game on PC.

I used to love me some shadowrun stories (principally in the RPG books). Any chance you bought the deluxe edition and can comment on the quality of the short stories in the Anthology included with it?

Peep the thread

DayZ is on for only 15% off… was hoping for more of a discount

Is DayZ still eligible for another sale further down the road in this set of Summer Sale? That is, should I wait for it to see if it reappears on the sale list with a deeper discount?

Yup. Looking over my wishlist the baseline discounts are kind of a letdown too. Not sure I’ll be buying any of them come the end of the sale. Well, going over it again I might burn up my card-money picking up some pinball tables. I dunno. I’ll see.

One kinda cool thing though, even though basically all the summer sale event items are just cosmetic shit, it looks like Duel of Champions is passing out premade decks. The cheapest of which I just bought on the Steam market for 7 cents. Not a big fan of DoC but if I can pick up a couple decks using Steam card money that’s nice.

Not really. Daily deals/flash deals/community deals are generally the best price something’s gonna be during a sale. I can’t really think of any that didn’t follow that rule except for price mistakes.

You guys are so jaded! I have almost all of these games on the main sale page (the ones I wanted, at least), so sure, it’s not a great sale for me personally. But all the games I own that are on the sale page are outstanding titles for a crazy price. Have they been this price before? Well, sure, of course, but not recently or anything. The Witcher 2 for $4!? Don’t Starve is amazing and you can pick it up for $3.74. That’s a LOT of game for less than four bucks. Farcry 3 is very much worth eight dollars, as is Sins Rebellion and Xcom EU. I already endorsed Original Sin above, but I will mention it again here - this game is worth twice the $32 it is right now.

I’ve never played or been much interested in DayZ or Dead Rising , or some of the other stuff (I did hear great things about Hotline Miami and its a dollar freaking fifty!) so I can’t say it’s the best thing ever, but to say there is “nothing good today” is factually incorrect, at least in my opinion! :)

I didn’t, no, sorry.

Thanks! I thought those were just puzzle challenge things.

Bought the first two. They’re worth it for the heroes alone. Both these decks also have a few rare-quality cards, and they’re not terrible ones.

Hey, so is the HD remake of Space Rangers 2 worth it? It’s 9 bucks right now.

That Witcher and Xcom is leading the sale is a bit boring, those two have been discounted so many times now its hard to believe anyone doesn’t have them yet…

Anyhow very little recent games on the list imho, but some on Brians space list are indeed something I’ll bite if on sale, Drox and expansion for example.

Well blimey, Drox and expansion is 50% off, and its a sale!

Yeah I was confused by that too. But it was cheap enough I figured I’d take a look, especially since I didn’t remember DoC having any puzzle-mode.

As the sale drags on I’m kinda hoping I can snag the Seria deck if not also the Namtaru deck. At $1 and $13 they’re both a bit much for me right now, but as more people make 'em hopefully the prices will drop.

Heh. I’m expecting to see Saints Row 3 at some point. It’s been in every steam sale since dinosaurs walked the earth.

Its been a solid game for quite some time now. As others will probably tell you in its own thread, I suspect it will become THE rpg of 2014.

My goal this summer is to not buy anything.

My wallet is firmly stashed in my pocket!

I can’t say it’s the best thing ever, but to say there is “nothing good today” is factually incorrect, at least in my opinion! :)

Yeah, if you just finished building your first PC today and loaded up Steam for the first time, you are in heaven.

If you have even casually followed sales for the past year the daily deals are a bit underwhelming.

And it is my god given right to be jaded about Steam sales! :D

I don’t have Witcher 2…I won’t buy it until I play Witcher 1 first, no matter the price. (Unless free :) )

There’s some franchise-y games also on daily sale:
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - $3.99 - (80% off).
Divine Divinity - $1.19 - (80% off).
Divinity Anthology - $5.99 - (80% off). DD, D2, Beyond D.
DMC3 and DMC4 75% off as part of the flash sale.