STEAM SUMMER SALE 2017, June 22-July 5

That’s an impressively sized list there Brian. Well made sir!

How does the deal work for Galactic Civilizations 3?You have to own 1 or 2 on Steam? I own both but I bought them from Stardock (I think-it was many moons ago).

Nice!

Which are the first person space sims in that list?

Evochron Legacy
Tachyon: The Fringe
X Rebirth

That’s it, right? Or any others?

Er…

Astrokill
Void Destroyer 2

Cool. The Astrokill trailer makes it look like 3rd person, I didn’t know that one was first person.

And Void Destroyer seems to take place in a Void, not in space. But I’ll count it. :P

Soma does have a terrible opening… which I kind of forgot about given how enjoyable the rest of it is. The drawer-simulator-leaving-the-apartment bit doesn’t really sell the sci-fi setting all that well. :/

Seeing X Rebirth in that list warms my little X-loving heart. :)

Remove two from this list.

Anno 2205 has an odd mechanic that you need money from one scenario to continue to another. I spent time getting my first town nice and beautiful only to find that I needed $50k to start the next scenario. That would require me to stare at the screen for an hour to get to the next mission. That is a terrible mechanic and I am refunding this. My patience for game developers acting like prats is nonexistent these days.

Day of the Tentacle has probably the most awful voice work I have heard in quite some time. It makes my ears bleed and within 10 minutes I turned this off to also get a refund.

I quote you as another data point supporting Pogue’s Law: there is nothing so awesome that it isn’t somebody else’s most hated thing ever. I consider Day of the Tentacle one of the best things to come out of LucasArts and really liked the voice work as one aspect.

Also quoting Pogue’s Law data point thingy, I felt that Anno 2205’s design choice for the zones to be heavily reliant on each other, actually added fun to the game.

I do not think I would have minded it as much if it told me beforehand what the requirements of the next scenario are. It did not. So I spent money on parks, beautification and so forth. These are the sort of things that people do in building games. Then I could not continue without either waiting an excessive amount of time or entirely starting over. Being punished for making a beautiful city is not my idea of fun.

Anyone else a little bummed that none of the XCOM 2 DLC is discounted?

Just saw this one, I approve! (Do not watch if you are concerned about spoilers from last seasons Game of Thrones)

I see what they did there:

So far -

HOI IV - hmm complicated. Too early to say if I like it or not.

Sid Meier’s Starships - Oh you guys were wrong, so very wrong, this is a fun game! I am really enjoying it. Low pressure, very easy to win, move around and blow things up with my ships with a light meta. I love the fact Sid made this, it feels like he made it for himself, which are always the most interesting works from great artists. The flip side of that is its clear he DID make it himself. A few months polish or a bigger team could have elevated it significantly.

Yes! :( :( (:

Well the DLC bundle is 50% off, so you can get the two terrible (by most accounts) DLCs free for the regular price of the decent one.

I’m only interested in Shen’s Last Gift (the good one?), since I’m not a masochist (Alien Hunters? Shyeah, right!).

Same. So I’m saving the $10 for the expansion when it comes.

Only one game (so far) for me: Darkest Dungeon

I’ve obviously read a lot about it but had never played it. It’s gloomy, kinda stressful, but I’ve been enjoying my forays into the first 2 dungeons. Looking forward to finding out more about what makes a good party.

I’ve also been wondering. After the disappointment at launch then the Pathfinder patch, is No Man’s Sky worth getting these days? Is there a bit of a game to go with the exploration?