STEAM SUMMER SALE 2017, June 22-July 5

I couldn’t even get it to work in all the sort of Wine setups I tried sigh

Only one out of those I played. Liked most of it quite a bit.

Not Steam, but Walmart has the digital code for XCOM 2 Reinforcement Pack for $4.49.

Half off Steam’s current sale and a historical low I think.

I may have to break my “no Walmart” policy for that.

I considered buying PoE, but as it turns out they increased their base price prior to the sale, making a 60% discount not quite as nice as it could have been. Which has now netted them a ‘mostly negative’ review count…

I know this kind of behaviour (fake discounts) is ‘normal’ practice in some retail branches, but I don’t think I’ve seen it on Steam before? Or did I just not pay enough attention?

Yep, I did, code came within 5 minutes of order.

It might depend on your zone.
In the Euro zone, where such practice is supposed to be illegal, it is not common, but it happens regularly.
I still remember when Stardock, who was one of those few nice guys actively fighting the Dollar=Euro scam, decided to raise the pricing of all their games a couple years back, the day before a Steam sale as well.
Rockstar is a bit more upfront, raising sometimes their prices depending on their mood, not Valve’s agenda.
When it happens, it is funny how consistently Valve is blamed for such pricing fluctuation, as if publishers didn’t decide themself of the pricing of their games on Steam.

Well, based on the comments, people are not blaming Valve for this one… As for it happening more often: I guess I’ll have to start paying attention then!

Anyway, I’ll just wait a bit longer, I can certainly do without another time sink :-).

Ah oops, I meant the publishers were trying to reject the fault on Valve, sorry for not being clear! Adding insult to injury is a common trend…

Well, PoE is published by Paradox who recently said they were rolling back their price increases, and refunding monies after the Steam sale ends.

GTA V have very high system requirements. A 1GB video RAM barely suffice. I should have read the specs properly. Ugh!

If you can’t run it, then just request a refund.

I can run it. Just at very low resolution. I’ll take note of the advice though, thanks. Didn’t occur to me to request a refund.

Stuff adds up. Haven’t bought anything yet but this ends up being $75. 🤔
Is Northgard more Settlers or Ages of Empires? (I’m not an RTS fan)

Conquest of Elysium 3	$4.99
Cities			        $7.49
The Guild II:  	        $2.49
Eador: Imperium         $9.99
Northgard               $17.00
Dawn of Discovery       $2.49
Balrum			        $7.49
Shadows of Mordor       $3.49
Hegemony 3 		        $7.49
Hard West		        $4.99
Strategy and Tactics: 	$5.99
Dark Ages

Definite Settlers vibe from Northgard. I am waiting for a full release to see what the final game offers. Mac did a preview-review thing:

Tom did a stream of it if I am not mistaken? I got the impression the game was very casual from that stream, but it was a while back.

He did, and…found it:

Maybe I should be used to this, but this post in that Neogaf thread made me laugh:

NiGHTS is interesting to me. For $1.59 I’m considering it but I’d like to know how well the game holds up.

IF THEY CAN refund after the sale…this is NOT set in stone…if they can’t, they’ll donate the difference to charity

I wouldn’t buy anything paradox related till they get past this sale…remember, paradox can have their OWN sale AFTER the steam sale…ergo, wait for the real price adjustment THEN wait for a sale…thats what I’m doing

Another LOGistiCAL purchase. @BrianRubin should get a commission.

Also bought House of the Dying Sun for VR play. Enjoying it a lot. Definitely hearkens back to the more puzzly missions in the X-Wing/TIE Fighter era. Works great with a controller, and it’s nice to be able to jump into something sim-like in VR that doesn’t have me trying to remember what HOTAS button does what. Campaign seems short, though.

Also Massive Chalice. Because less than two bucks.

I really enjoyed @tomchick’s stream of The Long Journey Home, It looked right up my alley (Lunar Lander! Yeah!), but I will try to resist.