STEAM SUMMER SALE 2017, June 22-July 5

Yeah, that’s an “easily explainable” one…

Thanks for the tip, although I already had Anime, just added Visual novel to my excluded tags. Fire up the discovery queue, and BAM, two or three visual novels. Maybe it takes a day or something…

Thanks for the recommendation! Overcooked is very good, but I think I prefer Speedrunners. I haven’t heard of Invisigun Heroes but will probably buy it today in your rec.

There’s no actual tag blocking on Steam. The function you guys are using just reduces the chances of those games showing up.

An actual way to fully block tags would be a UX nightmare because of how certain tags are used - for example, every VR-capable game will have the “VR” tag, even if it’s not required to play the game, and the “free-to-play” tag is used both for typical free-to-play games people would want to avoid and freeware games people might want to play.

I just deleted/purged all items off of my Steam wishlist (over 100) and it felt sooooo good. That will help reduce any future impulse purchases during the Steam sale and allow me to focus on my large backlog. I really need to catch up with the games I already own rather than lusting after new shiny toys. If I maintain my prudence this should be one of the lightest Steam sales on my wallet.

Any recommendation between Stellaris and Endless Space?

Distant Worlds: Universe or Star Ruler 2.

You spelled Endless Space wrong. :-)

Jeebus, I don’t know how you guys rack up 1000 or even 100 games on your wish lists. Right now I have 3. Endless Legend which seems pretty cool and I might just go for this time and buy the complete pack since it’s under 20 bucks, Wargame: Air-Land Battle (which is more aspirational and probably waaaay too grognard-y for me to do it justice and I should just remove, and Sniper Elite 3, which is also sitting in my shopping cart.

Some advice needed BTW on Dishonored 1 DLC–should I stick with the Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches? Don’t care about time trials or whatever, and I suspect the other one requires one to play through the original game again, which I don’t want to do.

Yes that is the only DLC from the first game you need to play!

This only adds to the mess of space games! Overwhelming!

Nah, just ignore the two you originally asked about.

Endless Space. I found Stellaris to be one of the more boring space games I’ve played. If you are a player who likes to focus more on your own imagination to make the game more interesting over just enjoying the mechanics, then maybe an argument can be made for Stellaris.

Star Ruler 2 is novel, but it didn’t jive with me. The diplomatic card mechanic is fairly cool though. It could be a decent choice if you want to take a gamble and try something fairly different. It isn’t turn based though.

Distant Worlds has some interesting ideas, but it is kinda a chore to play. With some effort the learning curve is not insurmountable, but I’m not sure it’s worth it.

Stellaris. I found Endless Space to be one of the more boring space games I’ve played. . If you are a player who likes to focus more on your own imagination to make the game more interesting over just enjoying the mechanics, then maybe an argument can be made for Endless Space.

Ditto on SR2 and Distant Worlds.

When it comes down to Stellaris or Endless Space I think it all comes down to whether or not you want to play a traditional shorter 4X game like Civilization or more of an involved strategic game like Europa Universalis. I quite prefer the beginning and exploration of Stellaris and would greatly prefer to play that game. At some point though winning becomes a chore and I have only won one game of Stellaris. It is like trying to conquer the world in EU4. It can be done but it is a chore

ES is more of a paint-by-numbers 4X and therefore the endgame is a little shorter and a bit more defined. But the exploration and colonization bits seem far less interesting than in Stellaris.

Are you gents talking about Endless Space 2? I mean its like a billion times better than the first Endless Space.

ES because that was what rowe specified. I am looking forward to getting ES2 since I quite enjoyed EL but I am awaiting the bug fixing. It sounds like there are still a significant number of bugs in #2.

I don’t think the first one is in the best shape either…

You people are weird.

NO U! ;-)

In the end, I ended up going for Dishonored 2, the Dishonored 1 DLC stuff (the Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches), the Saints row 4 thing for 2.50 that gets me ALL the DLC, and the Endless Legend Complete pack.

I think I’m done.