STEAM SUMMER SALE 2017, June 22-July 5

If you can’t run it, then just request a refund.

I can run it. Just at very low resolution. I’ll take note of the advice though, thanks. Didn’t occur to me to request a refund.

Stuff adds up. Haven’t bought anything yet but this ends up being $75. 🤔
Is Northgard more Settlers or Ages of Empires? (I’m not an RTS fan)

Conquest of Elysium 3	$4.99
Cities			        $7.49
The Guild II:  	        $2.49
Eador: Imperium         $9.99
Northgard               $17.00
Dawn of Discovery       $2.49
Balrum			        $7.49
Shadows of Mordor       $3.49
Hegemony 3 		        $7.49
Hard West		        $4.99
Strategy and Tactics: 	$5.99
Dark Ages

Definite Settlers vibe from Northgard. I am waiting for a full release to see what the final game offers. Mac did a preview-review thing:

Tom did a stream of it if I am not mistaken? I got the impression the game was very casual from that stream, but it was a while back.

He did, and…found it:

Maybe I should be used to this, but this post in that Neogaf thread made me laugh:

NiGHTS is interesting to me. For $1.59 I’m considering it but I’d like to know how well the game holds up.

IF THEY CAN refund after the sale…this is NOT set in stone…if they can’t, they’ll donate the difference to charity

I wouldn’t buy anything paradox related till they get past this sale…remember, paradox can have their OWN sale AFTER the steam sale…ergo, wait for the real price adjustment THEN wait for a sale…thats what I’m doing

Another LOGistiCAL purchase. @BrianRubin should get a commission.

Also bought House of the Dying Sun for VR play. Enjoying it a lot. Definitely hearkens back to the more puzzly missions in the X-Wing/TIE Fighter era. Works great with a controller, and it’s nice to be able to jump into something sim-like in VR that doesn’t have me trying to remember what HOTAS button does what. Campaign seems short, though.

Also Massive Chalice. Because less than two bucks.

I really enjoyed @tomchick’s stream of The Long Journey Home, It looked right up my alley (Lunar Lander! Yeah!), but I will try to resist.

Yeah definitely don’t touch Paradox products this sale; seems far too shady.

Hahahahaha, I’m just happy to spread the love.

Yup, I just got it as well :-)

Woooohooooo!

Small indie games only for me so far:
Cranks and Goggles ($1.74) – Stylish top-down racing game set in 1920s Europe that looks better than it plays. I would enjoy it more if I didn’t kind of suck at it or maybe if I had memories of playing whichever late '90s (I’m assuming) game inspired it. I like to play it in 20-30 minute sessions before becoming frustrated and giving up for the day.

Crowtel Renovations ($2.49) – Charming indie platformer. It’s fine. I was hoping it would put me in the mind of l’Abbaye des Morts or VVVVVV, but it’s not nearly that good. The sound is awful and the controls clunky at times, but I still enjoy it in short bursts.

I wanted Civ 6 for around $25, but that did not happen. I’m thinking of trying Sid Meier’s Starships and/or Ace Patrol in the meantime. I am also looking for a racing game to replace my beloved but long-in-the-tooth Race 07. I tried the Rfactor 2 demo and gave up after spending over an hour trying to unsuccessfully setup my XBOX controller in a way that worked for me. I think Assetto Corsa and Automobilista are the other two sims on the market at present; I’m skeptical of both but might end up settling for one anyway.

So. . . is that a recommendation for Starships with a small caveat? Like a UI thing or something?

It’s not a recommendation at all. Steer faaaarr clear of it.

Well, I’m pretty darn pleased with my haul. I mean, so far, but I don’t anticipate buying anything more than this.

For one thing, I’m about 7 hours into FF14 and really digging it (I just hit level 18!) and it’s scratching that Final Fantasy itch while I wait for 7/11 when FF12 drops.

But I can also play TW:Warhammer with two different races, and I only have a few weeks before Final Fantasy 12 drops to do that, plus I have a few more missions in Pathfinder (and no reason not to start a new party after that, even) so I have lots of games I’m directly excited to dive into already, buying anything on the Steam sale (even at a great discount - some incredible deals this sale) would certainly either divert me from stuff I’m actively enjoying now (best case scenario) or be something I stare at in my Backlog category for 3 months.

There are actually great looking games coming out every month from now until November, too, so it’s not like I’m anticipating a lot of down time for the rest of the year. I think I’ll just be happy with what I have, and maybe pick some of the (many) items on my wishlist that look fun up at the next sale.

Probably the best thing to come out of this sale has honestly been reading up on what you guys have been getting and are excited for - it gave me some ideas I hadn’t considered (or known about) to add to my own Wishlist, like Logistical, Brigador, and The Long Journey Home!

Excellent choices, sir.

They may have gotten overwhelmed, I am at about 7 hours and no show on the code. Second email did say it was “shipping”.

Steam purchases so far:
Brigador
Oh My Gore!
Northgard
Unexplored
StarCrawlers
Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander
LOGistICAL
Particle Fleet: Emergence
Hollow Knight
Streets of Rogue
Hyper Light Drifter