STEAM SUMMER SALE 2017, June 22-July 5

[quote=“Scott_Lufkin, post:518, topic:130155”]
For one thing, I’m about 7 hours into FF14 and really digging it (I just hit level 18!)[/quote]

Hey I’ve been back onto this too, as I picked up a cheap 60 day timecard. And Stormblood expansion… shhh. ;)

You mean level 18 in one of the 20 or so classes? ;) I started a new character, I’m around 16 in Gladiator and 5 or so in a bunch of the gathering/crafting ones. I think it’s good to get those going at the same time.

After such a strong rebuttal, I must confess you are getting me curious to try it =D
Careful with the reverse-psychology on some of us!

Sid Meier’s Starships is a tight little design, very Sid Meier, very gratifying for quick tactical spaceship combat in the context of a larger Meier-esque economy. I really like it a lot, especially as an on-the-go iPad game. That said, it’s also very Firaxis in that the AI is dumb as a box of rocks. So you have to think of the combats as tactical puzzles rather than head-to-head battles.

-Tom

For an extra $1.25 you could have gotten the far superior Conquest of Elysium 4 (currently on a 75% discount from $25 - in fact I would recommend you still get CoE4).

My best purchase of the sale so far has been Dawn of War Soulstorm for $3 and loading the Ultimate Apocalypse mod which is about a million times better than DoW3.

I suck at sales. Just bought playerunknown’s battlegrounds for $30. Reminds me of the last steam sale where my major purchase was an undiscounted Rimworld.

I also got Streets of Rogue for $7.5. I had a blast with it during the free weekend they did awhile ago.

Apparently I can get a steam copy of PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds for $22 if anyone wants. I have an account tied voucher at GMG for 27% off. Just reimburse me via paypal . :)

It’s pretty cruel posting that just below my post!

:(

I just saw the voucher in my email , you could steam refund your copy! PM me if you want.

[quote=“lordkosc, post:528, topic:130155, full:true”]:(

I just saw the voucher in my email , you could steam refund your copy! PM me if you want. [/quote]

Sorry I know, I was only kidding, I just thought the timing was so coincidental it was funny. Going through the refund process would be too much hassle, thanks for the offer though!

Picked up a bunch of smaller games like Lost Castle, and based on the recommendation in the Neogaf thread mentioned above: Furious Angels.

It’s a very small and focused dogfight game, but being a fan of stuff like Luftrausers, that is more than enough for me. Sessions usually rather short, so it’s perfect to quickly kill some time. Controls are fun, and it gets the ‘pewpew’ feel right. It offers a bit more session variety compared to Luftrausers in that there are two upgrade tiers for you ship that you reach after destroying a certain amounts of ships - you get a bigger ship with better lasers at the cost of being slower and thus an easier target. Once a tier 3 ship gets destroyed, you’re back at tier 1. (If your tier 1 or tier 2 ship gets destroyed: game over.) Unlike Luftrausers, there’s only that one ship type and there are no customization options.

Picked up HOI4 this morning after watching a bunch of Youtube vids on it.

You’ve obviously never refunded a game. Either that or you’re very lazy.

So far, Furi is annoying me a bit. In distilling the game down to the boss fights, they’ve also highlighted the most frustrating thing about videogames: when you fail, you have to replay the boring trivial crap before you get back to the hard part that killed you. We’re only talking 30 seconds in most cases (unless you die completely) so it hasn’t ruined the game. It’s just awkward.

I’m enjoying Hyper Light Drifter (despite similar issues) and Blue Revolver. So it’s been a good sale overall.

For me it works because it doesn’t take long to get back where you were, because there’s always something you can improve on or experiment while you get there, and the visual and aural aspects are so alluring. I’m pretty sure I would be more annoyed about repeating boss fights if they didn’t look and sound as good as they do.

BTW, which boss are you fighting? The boss fights I played so far were nearly all really interesting.

Oh I only just finished the second one. I died once and kind of rolled my eyes. But I had to laugh when I failed to finish her off in the final phase, and then had to sit through the ultimate shmup attack again.

I was hoping I could negotiate with her and maybe agree to get on with it.

Like I said, it’s very minor and I’m curious to see the rest of the game. These things just offend me on principle.

The biggest culprit of this in the last 10 years, for me, was N+. It drives me up the wall. You had complete levels in 5 level bunches. So if you died on the 5th level, you had do the first four levels again just to get back to the part where you died. I was so mad, I’m probably never going to buy N++. Probably.

To bring it back on topic, it’s not even on my wishlist, so I have no idea if it is part of this Steam sale or not.

I need the mini-golf card. I have extras of:
City Parking lot
Scouts
Beach
Picnic
Camping
Road Trip

My steam name is TheSilverHammer (The one with the same avatar used on this forum)

That always happens when new players enter the fray as they whine about the difficulty.

What are you all waiting for? Buy this yesterday!

This game looked pretty darn great, but still no Macintosh version. All such games have Macintosh versions, why not this one, oh why!