STEAM Summer Sale 2018

And the date has leaked just like it does every year. June 21st - July 5th it seems. 14 days of glorious deals. :)

What is everyone hoping to pick up? We have a little over a month to wait. Prepare the wishlist’s!

Battle Brothers clearly, after reading our own Jeff Pinard’s misadventures!

First thing that comes to mind is Tom Clancy’s Wildlands, and that’s pretty much it.

I can’t think of anything that I’d buy even on a deep sale. Wow. Maybe Far Cry Primal? But honestly, I want to catch up on Assassin’s Creed games first before I get Far Cry Primal, so maybe not even that.

Steep? Maybe.

The new Warhammer ARPG game, whatever that’s called? Inquisitor? That isn’t out yet, so I’m not sure if that counts. Plus I haven’t decided if I want that on PC yet.

“I’m good”, said the backlog.

I imagine I’ll do my every sale tradition and go through my wishlist and buy the 5 or 10 cheapest games. You can never have a big enough backlog! @TimJames taught me that one.

You know, I do agree with that partially. This has happened to me several times recently where someone will do a great write-up on Qt3 on why they love a certain game, or maybe someone will write an article on a gaming site about a game, and it’s an older game, and I search steam, and it’s a pretty nice feeling when you discover that you already own that game, and can check it out if you want to.

(Not that you’d really want to, because you’re too busy with other games, but still, you have the option).

Anything on my wish list that isn’t in Early Access, depending on the price.

My first choice would be Kingdom Come:Deliverance, but it may be too new for a substantial discount.

I’m hoping to see Factorio go on sale. I won’t be buying anything else till I pick that one up for around $5.

Saving money has never been so easy.

Oh! Nice one. That’s a good one to go on the wishlist.

Potential titles from my wishlist that I will consider based on discount and price:

Conclave
Stellar Monarch
Hegemony III: The Eagle King DLC
Ancient Frontier
Lobotomy Corporation
Dead in Vinland
Sunless Skies
Slasher’s Keep
Quake Champions
City of Brass
Nantucket
Haque
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition
Worshippers
Through the Ages
Ancestor’s Legacy
Frostpunk
Dungeons III DLC

Edit: I’m not sure why my comment is replying to Geggis. Sorry that was not intended.

You’re going to be saving a lot then because I don’t think that’ll be on sale for a looong time! Especially at $5!

I’d like to try a roguelike. Maybe Dungeons of Dredmor?

I think there are the gamer equivalent of the crazy cat lady in this hobby.

WHO WANTS A CAT?

I was under the impression Factorio is like Rimworld, they’re both in EA and basically selling so well even before official release that they never go on sale, and in fact will likely go up on price at 1.0 release…

They won’t discount upcoming games beyond the preorder ten percent so I guess I’ll keep waiting for Dragon Quest.

I was under the impression Factorio is like Rimworld, they’re both in EA and basically selling so well even before official release that they never go on sale, and in fact will likely go up on price at 1.0 release…

True - but Factorio’s price has already increased when it reached 1.0 leaving EA status. Question is whether it will go on sale now that it has been released or not (I doubt it and especially not for $5 until the 2020’s at least…)

Holy cow, I just looked at my wish list.
I have120 titles on it. 55 of them are Early Access.

Anything is fair game during the Summer Sale. Even a decent EA game if it’s discounted enough.
I typically come away with a bunch of games every sale.

Dredmor is superficially appealing, but makes a lousy intro to roguelikes because it completely misses the point of what makes the genre work.

Brogue is my go to recommendation, and it’s free. Or if you need graphics, Sword of the Stars: The Pit.

Or rather than jumping straight into classical roguelikes, you could pick a genre you know you like and try one of the recent crop of hybrids that applies roguelike structure to it.

As for me, I’m mainly watching for Ni-oh, but there’s a ton of stuff I’d consider depending on the price.