STEAM Summer Sale 2018

7 years ago the sales were still good. Over the last few years (now that they’re a market leader and there’s a reaction against race-to-the-bottom pricing) they’ve been bad. This is the worst I’ve seen.

However, all my games are pretty new. Maybe it’s typical and I haven’t noticed.

Username checks out. Also, the site is crawling along now…

currently 75% off:

• Invisible Inc.
  • Neo Scavenger
  • Brut@l
  • Don’t Starve
  • Sheltered
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Stories Untold
  • The Age of Decadence
  • XCOM

70% off:

• Polybridge
  • Darkest Dungeon

60%+ off:

• Antihero
  • XCOM2
  • Impact Winter
  • Stars in Shadow
  • Banner Saga
  • Banner Saga 2
  • Sir, You Are Being Hunted
  • Halfway

If you don’t have Darkest Dungeon yet, you should now.

Edit: And XCOM2.

And Sir, You Are Being Hunted

And…

When I click on that link all I see is take-em-or-leave-em preset amounts. Is there a way to customize the amount right before purchase or something that I’m not seeing?
But maybe I’ll take @lordkosc’s suggestion and just add that game or another under $5 one that looks good.

Well this sale came just in time to help fill a PS4 sized hole in my heart. I have been transitioning towards PC gaming again and somehow one of my kids talked me into passing my PS4 on to her. Still scratching my head on how she managed to do that.

Starting off this sale with the Prey-Dishonored 2 bundle. Never finished them on the PS4 so looking forward to Prey survival mode. Also picked up Spellforce 3. Not too happy that they abandoned the zoom in camera view that made the first two games so special but now seems like a good time to give it a chance.

Probably going to buy Kingdom Come Deliverance before the sale ends as well. Honestly not sure why I haven’t picked this up yet.

Interactive fiction Thaumistry, @justaguy2’s darling, is 75% off.

I wouldn’t recommend Darkest Dungeon to my worst enemy.

I thought about Fallout 4 and then didn’t get it. My vs. Steam level has risen considerably.

Cool!

Obviously YMDV.

So I picked up Atlantic Fleet. I have it on a tablet, but it looks so damn good on PC.

Also Immortal Redneck and another shot at Bio Inc.

I want to name a guy after our shitgibbon in chief and torture him. If it finally runs for me.

Tempted by Obduction for $11.99, pretty good Myst-like?

Not worried too much about anything on sale on my wishlist or otherwise (owning every current console and getting the Humble Monthly and other bundles on top of that will wean you of Steam sale fever fast), but it’s well worth noting (if you’re up for an 18+ visual novel) that critically-acclaimed Christine Love venture Ladykiller in a Bind is on sale for a historic-low $5.

Cross post from the bargain thread!

DEAL RED ALERTS

Battletech Digital Deluxe $10.39 , registers on STEAM

And its DEAD.

I wouldn’t give Battletech to my worst enemy!

I’m kidding. Just messing with @Balasarius.

Yeah. Get this game. Then forget about sleep. Just saying.

Everyone who is financial able should own at least one of Illwinter’s Dominions game and Battletech. I really don’t know anything else that really screams Qt3 to me as much as those two games.

https://i.imgur.com/Tqs4FiQ.gif

BTW, see this thread on Reddit to add exactly 30 bucks to your Steam Wallet: https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/8srim9/steam_get_5_off_30_at_steam_when_you_pay_with/e11qh3h/?st=jion62le&sh=42c54b25

First click and the link that @stusser posted above, and click the button there to save the offer.

You can do “pasting into the console” thing or just inspect the link that adds funds and change the data in it to 3000 from the default 2500 (for the $25 link), save it, then click it. Also, don’t pick My Paypal acct but just PayPal.

Yep, the $5 off $30 paypal code makes Shadow of War Gold Edition in my price range @ $28.99
The story DLC in the gold edition is apparently very good.

Gonna bite finally.

No purchases for me yet, but I did trick out my… Salien… with some sweet lion paws and a little hat.

I’ve been eyeing Pathfinder Adventures for a while. I like the card game well enough, and maybe this would save me from endless shuffling. And it’s recently come to my attention that I should seriously consider picking up Furi and Super Hexagon.

Meanwhile, does anyone have any experience with Heroes of Hammerwatch? And is there an obvious winner between Spellspire and Letterquest: Grimm’s Journey Remastered?

Also ResetERA has a hidden gems thread going on for the sale. Let others find you great deals! Bookmark it!